Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dumbed Down Photo Editing Program?

Dumbed Down Photo Editing Program?

BillyBoy

Thanks to all.. these last few suggestions are probably what I'm looking
for. I don't have 98 as of a few days ago and can no longer check some
things like the MS Photo Editor suggested..

I appreciate all the feedback... I'll try out the suggestions..

Bill

"Steven Pilbeam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qAfjb.3341$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "BillyBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My M-I-L received a few emails from our sons and wanted to print them

> on her
> > Deskjet. The photos were too large and overspread the paper (and

> monitor).
> > I'm aware of the propriatary programs that come with the cameras and

> they
> > are pretty dumbed down (at least the ones I've seen).
> >
> > However, Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, and I believe even ACDSee would

> be
> > far to advanced for her. Hopefully, there are a few suggestions

> here..
> > Needs initially would be to modify size.. maybe crop.. and set up for
> > emailing.
> >
> > Thanks in advance... Bill
> >

> If the photos she is being e-mailed are JPG/JPEG the try "easy jpeg
> printer" from
> http://www.jgraff.addr.com/printpix.htm its free !!

Me

Start | Programs | Microsoft Photo Editor (should have a coloured square
icon tipped onto its corner.

BillyBoy wrote:

> Thanks Me.. I have a copy of Win98 for Dummies and looked in the glossery...
> I don't see anything about PE as part of 98.
>
> Can you tell me where to find it in 98? If there.. does it resize to screen
> or for actual printing.?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Oh yes, to those who have suggested IrfanView.. That may be too difficult
> for her. She is in her 80's and needs something pretty easy.
>
> Bill
>
> "Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Use the Resize command of Microsoft Photo Editor (part of win9
>
> BillyBoy wrote:
> >
> > "Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Resize
> >
> > Thanks Brian.. Is this a program one can download.. or are you suggesting

> > command. She is using orig W98. I don't know if there is such a command

> in
> > 98 if that is what you are suggesting.
> >
> > Tnx, Bill

Boomer

Me wrote:

> Start | Programs | Microsoft Photo Editor (should have a
> coloured square icon tipped onto its corner.

Mine doesn't.

> BillyBoy wrote:
>>

>> Thanks Me.. I have a copy of Win98 for Dummies and looked in
>> the glosse

> ry...
>> I don't see anything about PE as part of 98.
>>

>> Can you tell me where to find it in 98? If there.. does it
>> resize to s

> creen
>> or for actual printing.?
>>

>> Thanks again.

[snip]

Brian H

Boomer said:

> Me wrote:
>
>> Start | Programs | Microsoft Photo Editor (should have a
>> coloured square icon tipped onto its corner.

> Mine doesn't.

Load it from your setup disc ?

>> BillyBoy wrote:
>>>

>>> Thanks Me.. I have a copy of Win98 for Dummies and looked in
>>> the glosse

>> ry...
>>> I don't see anything about PE as part of 98.
>>>

>>> Can you tell me where to find it in 98? If there.. does it
>>> resize to s

>> creen
>>> or for actual printing.?
>>>

>>> Thanks again.

> [snip]

Me

Hmmmm. I just checked the file date on it (07/11/97). Looks like it came
with Microsoft Office. Sorry for the goose chase.

Boomer wrote:

> Me wrote:
>
> > Start | Programs | Microsoft Photo Editor (should have a
> > coloured square icon tipped onto its corner.

> Mine doesn't.
>

> > BillyBoy wrote:
> >>

> >> Thanks Me.. I have a copy of Win98 for Dummies and looked in
> >> the glosse

> > ry...
> >> I don't see anything about PE as part of 98.
> >>

> >> Can you tell me where to find it in 98? If there.. does it
> >> resize to s

> > creen
> >> or for actual printing.?
> >>

> >> Thanks again.

> [snip]

Boomer

Me wrote:

> Hmmmm. I just checked the file date on it (07/11/97). Looks like
> it came with Microsoft Office. Sorry for the goose chase.
>
> Boomer wrote:
>>
>> Me wrote:
>>
>> > Start | Programs | Microsoft Photo Editor (should have a
>> > coloured square icon tipped onto its corner.

>> Mine doesn't.

Thanks for checking.

Robert de Brus

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
BillyBoy <(E-Mail Removed)> typed
|| My M-I-L received a few emails from our sons and wanted to print
|| them on her Deskjet. The photos were too large and overspread the
|| paper (and monitor). I'm aware of the propriatary programs that come
|| with the cameras and they are pretty dumbed down (at least the ones
|| I've seen).
|| However, Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, and I believe even ACDSee
|| would be far to advanced for her. Hopefully, there are a few
|| suggestions here.. Needs initially would be to modify size.. maybe
|| crop.. and set up for emailing.
|| Thanks in advance... Bill

Try Paintshop Pro

www.jasc.com

Robert de Brus

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
BillyBoy <(E-Mail Removed)> typed
|| "Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|| Resize
|| Thanks Brian.. Is this a program one can download.. or are you
|| suggesting a command. She is using orig W98. I don't know if there
|| is such a command in 98 if that is what you are suggesting.
|| Tnx, Bill

Don't worry about brian, he's full of useless mumblings like that. Most
simply ignore his comments, when they're not laughing at them.

Bebop & Rocksteady

> My M-I-L received a few emails from our sons and wanted to print them on
> her Deskjet. The photos were too large and overspread the paper (and
> monitor). I'm aware of the propriatary programs that come with the
> cameras and they are pretty dumbed down (at least the ones I've seen).
>
> However, Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, and I believe even ACDSee would
> be far to advanced for her. Hopefully, there are a few suggestions
> here.. Needs initially would be to modify size.. maybe crop.. and set up
> for emailing.

Try IrfanView
http://www.irfanview.com

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Use the Resize command of Microsoft Photo Editor (part of win9

Uhhh .... You're confusing Office 97 /Office 2K with Windows 98.

It is NOT part of Win98, BTW ... but comes with Office 97/2K.

RwP