Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Olympus Camedia USB Dual-Slot Reader/Writer & Win XP Pro

Olympus Camedia USB Dual-Slot Reader/Writer & Win XP Pro

Sens Fan Happy In Florida

About 6 months ago I bought an Olympus Camedia MAUSB-5W, a dual-slot
Reader/Writer. All of this time I'd had few to no troubles with it. But
recently it's been acting very weird in conjunction with Win XP Pro.
Sometimes XP recognizes that the card reader is there ... sometimes not.
Other times XP will recognize that there are files on the card, other times
not. And sometimes as I'm about to download the pictures off the card, XP
Pro will suddenly make a 3-ping noise and my entire reader/writer (G:
Removable Disc and H: Removable Disc) will just disappear! To me this
sounds like a Win XP problem ... but of course I'm not sure. Any
suggestions??

- Kyle

$1million US dollars to sens_fan_happy_in_fl (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change
the obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if you must abuse or insult, don't
expect a reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)