Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re-Formatting and Re-Installing with recovery disc

Re-Formatting and Re-Installing with recovery disc

rednose

I'm about to Re-Format and Re-Install my system using the supplied
recovery disks.
Since buying the PC I've added...
A firewire card(which I can't find a driver disk for)
A TV card and a
A USB2 card
Do I have to remove them before a re-instal or can they be left in?
I remember re-installing an old system some years ago that wouldn't
recognise the tv card unless I removed it and installed it again.

Cheers Steve

Brian H

rednose said:

> I'm about to Re-Format and Re-Install my system using the supplied
> recovery disks.
> Since buying the PC I've added...
> A firewire card(which I can't find a driver disk for)
> A TV card and a
> A USB2 card
> Do I have to remove them before a re-instal or can they be left in?
> I remember re-installing an old system some years ago that wouldn't
> recognise the tv card unless I removed it and installed it again.
>
> Cheers Steve

Read the instructions manuals that came with the cards.

lee

You can leave the PCI cards in but If your OS is not detecting them
then you will not get any joy after a Recovery

Windows XP will sort out the USB2 And Firewire after Installing the
latest service packs

"rednose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm about to Re-Format and Re-Install my system using the supplied
> recovery disks.
> Since buying the PC I've added...
> A firewire card(which I can't find a driver disk for)
> A TV card and a
> A USB2 card
> Do I have to remove them before a re-instal or can they be left in?
> I remember re-installing an old system some years ago that wouldn't
> recognise the tv card unless I removed it and installed it again.
>
> Cheers Steve

rednose

I'm using Windows ME
Steve

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:56:15 +0100, "lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You can leave the PCI cards in but If your OS is not detecting them
>then you will not get any joy after a Recovery
>
>Windows XP will sort out the USB2 And Firewire after Installing the
>latest service packs
>

>"rednose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I'm about to Re-Format and Re-Install my system using the supplied
>> recovery disks.
>> Since buying the PC I've added...
>> A firewire card(which I can't find a driver disk for)
>> A TV card and a
>> A USB2 card
>> Do I have to remove them before a re-instal or can they be left in?
>> I remember re-installing an old system some years ago that wouldn't
>> recognise the tv card unless I removed it and installed it again.
>>
>> Cheers Steve

Harrison

We seem to have found the root of the problems