Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > browser slowing down to nil movement after 5mins?

browser slowing down to nil movement after 5mins?

croft

x-no-archive: yes

using dialup with w/98 and IE 5.50.... i often have to disconnect and redial,
as downloads (internet, and newsgroups, via outlook express) seem to stall-
anything i may have overlooked?

i clear out temp files, pause scheduler and other non essential progs, on
each start up....

Patrick

croft wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> using dialup with w/98 and IE 5.50.... i often have to disconnect
> and redial, as downloads (internet, and newsgroups, via outlook
> express) seem to stall- anything i may have overlooked?
>
> i clear out temp files, pause scheduler and other non essential
> progs, on each start up....

It is usual for ISP's on (anytime) dial-up account to disconnect you after 2
hours !

Harrison

Have you checked the system for spyware?

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:30:27 +0100, "TRADESMAN"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Patrick wrote:
>> croft wrote:
>>> x-no-archive: yes
>>>
>>> using dialup with w/98 and IE 5.50.... i often have to disconnect
>>> and redial, as downloads (internet, and newsgroups, via outlook
>>> express) seem to stall- anything i may have overlooked?
>>>
>>> i clear out temp files, pause scheduler and other non essential
>>> progs, on each start up....

>> It is usual for ISP's on (anytime) dial-up account to disconnect you
>> after 2 hours !

>Er..that wasn't really the point of his question.Try reading it again!

TRADESMAN

TRADESMAN wrote:
> Patrick wrote:
>> croft wrote:
>>> x-no-archive: yes
>>>
>>> using dialup with w/98 and IE 5.50.... i often have to disconnect
>>> and redial, as downloads (internet, and newsgroups, via outlook
>>> express) seem to stall- anything i may have overlooked?
>>>
>>> i clear out temp files, pause scheduler and other non essential
>>> progs, on each start up....

>> It is usual for ISP's on (anytime) dial-up account to disconnect you
>> after 2 hours !

> Er..that wasn't really the point of his question.Try reading it again!

Gotcha, (Slowing down), I'm quick on the draw though !

TRADESMAN

Patrick wrote:
> TRADESMAN wrote:
>> Patrick wrote:

>>> It is usual for ISP's on (anytime) dial-up account to disconnect you
>>> after 2 hours !

>> Er..that wasn't really the point of his question.Try reading it
>> again!

> Gotcha, (Slowing down), I'm quick on the draw though !

nil.to_s != "nil" Eero Saynatkari Ruby 11 10-28-2006 10:57 PM
Integer(nil) versus Float(nil) versus String(nil) Christoffer Sawicki Ruby 5 09-02-2006 06:28 PM
a == nil or a.nil? ako... Ruby 6 11-23-2005 05:03 AM
RCR 303: nil should accept missing methods and return nil John Carter Ruby 64 05-19-2005 12:12 PM
puts nil generates "nil\n" Brian Candler Ruby 1 11-06-2004 01:59 PM

Advertisments