Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problems with Yahoo

Problems with Yahoo

fiddaman64

I can access the home page on yahoo but when I enter something in the search
box and click search I am taken to 'THIS PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND'.

I cannot access Google.com either, am taken to a rather strange looking page
when I type www.google.com into my browser.

Anyone else having these probs?

Bob

croft

x-no-archive: yes

security settings may be too high, if using IE?

check spelling carefully on the web addresses, i often get
www.www.websitename.com,org or similar

Harrison

Lots of people have had these problems.
They are caused by a trojan named QHOSTS.
http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.qhosts.html

Follow all instructions! Not just the removal tool part.