Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Wallpaper

Wallpaper

skidaddy

My question is, where should the pictures one uses for wall paper be stored
at ?

So that the wallpaper can be changed when desired.

Thanks
Skidaddy

Brian H

skidaddy said:

> My question is, where should the pictures one uses for wall paper be stored
> at ?
>
> So that the wallpaper can be changed when desired.
>
> Thanks
> Skidaddy

usually in C:\Windows
(C:\Winnt)

Bebop & Rocksteady

> My question is, where should the pictures one uses for wall paper be stored
> at ?
>
> So that the wallpaper can be changed when desired.

They can be anywhere on your hard drive as you can browse for them I
personally recommend making a folder called Wallpaper in your My Documents
folder and store them all there..

However Windows scans the Windows folder (a carry over from Win3.1 days)
c:\windows

It also depends on the version of Windows you have as Win2000, XP also scan
the "My Pictures" folder as well as

C:\Windows
C:\My Documents\My Pictures
C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

Richard

skidaddy wrote:

> My question is, where should the pictures one uses for wall paper be
> stored
> at ?

> So that the wallpaper can be changed when desired.

> Thanks
> Skidaddy

Anywhere convenient. I personally would avoid using the c:\windows folder.
As putting in many images would only clutter the folder needlessly.
Just create a seperate folder and store them there.

Mike0000

skidaddy wrote:

> My question is, where should the pictures one uses for wall paper be stored
> at ?
>
> So that the wallpaper can be changed when desired.

Anywhere. I suggest a folder in My Documents called Wallpaper. So when
you backup My Documents to a CDR its all there in case of the worst.

--
Mike
Block Banner Ads Now

Patrick

skidaddy wrote:
> My question is, where should the pictures one uses for wall paper be
> stored at ?
>
> So that the wallpaper can be changed when desired.
>
> Thanks
> Skidaddy

(XP Home Edition)
I don't keep them anywhere, If I want a picture I just navigate to 'My
Pictures', select what I want and that's it. Wallpaper is not dependent on
the picture still being where it came from, as it makes a copy. If you
change it again though and then want same again, you will have to look for
it.