Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win XP Sp1 CD ROM and DVD Rom Not Recognizing Newly inserted discs

Win XP Sp1 CD ROM and DVD Rom Not Recognizing Newly inserted discs

Hunter

Windows XP will not recognize newly instered discs that I insert in my
DVD and CD Rom. XP believes that any disc inserted is the same disc
that was in the drive when the machine was last booted up.

The only I can get my drives to recognize new discs is to eject the
discs, then attempt to open the contents of the CDRW and DVD ROM in
Windows Explorer, then insert a new disc.

I tried to update the ASPI drivers and no luck.

There has to be a way to have my CDRW and DVDROMs recognize new discs
in the traditional way of reading new discs on insetion.

My DVD Rom is a Pioneer DVD-116R
and CDRW Rom is CRX160E

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

°Mike°

It sounds like a refresh problem. Try closing all Windows
Explorer (or My Computer) windows, then re-open
My Computer and press F5.

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:51:42 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Hunter scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Hunter

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:58:50 +0100, °Mike°
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It sounds like a refresh problem. Try closing all Windows
>Explorer (or My Computer) windows, then re-open
>My Computer and press F5.

Tried that and no luck

I do remember installing something called Poffer-Coufin with Blind
Write a while back, Poufin-Coufin caused a few problems with my
DVD/CD-Rom's ability to read discs, so I re-installed the ASPI drivers
for XP courtesy of Adaptec. Didn't fix the problem I had with my
CD/DVD Drives recognizing new discs.

°Mike°

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:24:32 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Hunter scrawled:

>On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:58:50 +0100, °Mike°
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>It sounds like a refresh problem. Try closing all Windows
>>Explorer (or My Computer) windows, then re-open
>>My Computer and press F5.
>>

>Tried that and no luck
>
>I do remember installing something called Poffer-Coufin with Blind
>Write a while back, Poufin-Coufin caused a few problems with my
>DVD/CD-Rom's ability to read discs, so I re-installed the ASPI drivers
>for XP courtesy of Adaptec. Didn't fix the problem I had with my
>CD/DVD Drives recognizing new discs.

Do you have a system restore available, prior to the install
of Poufin-Coufin? (Whatever that is!)

--
Basic computer maintenance

Hunter