Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > TV on lappy

TV on lappy

scars

What hardware do I need to be able to watch TV on my lappy?

Harrison

http://www.hauppauge.com/html/wintvp..._datasheet.htm

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:16:49 +0000 (UTC), "scars" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>What hardware do I need to be able to watch TV on my lappy?

Alien Zord

"scars" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bme53h$5bv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What hardware do I need to be able to watch TV on my lappy?

Digital terrestrial (Freeview):
http://www.nebula-electronics.com/in....asp?Code=0002

Analogue terrestrial:
http://www.averm.co.uk/products/tvtuner_AVerTV_usb.html
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/html/analogue_usb.htm

Digital requires a much better signal (a proper aerial) but you do get some
40 channels (inc. radio, teletext and games). Analogue is more suitable if
you travel around as very often you get away with just a piece of wire for
the aerial but then its 5 channels only.

Note: the digital requires USB2.0

Robbo

> What hardware do I need to be able to watch TV on my lappy?

A good solid cushion and some snacks to start

scars

"Robbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bmeqr3$be2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What hardware do I need to be able to watch TV on my lappy?

> A good solid cushion and some snacks to start

Fantasic