Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > dns problem

dns problem

fybar

I have a Windows XP laptop that I am having trouble with. When I try to go
to google.com it goes to IP 207.44.194.56, whereas if I ping google from my
DNS server I get 66.223.50.94. When I do an ipconfig it states that it is
using my internal DNS server, so why is IE trying to go to the incorrect IP
address? All other computers on my network resolve the name correctly.

Thanks!

fyb

°Mike°

You have been nobbled by the QHosts trojan
http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virus.aspx?ID=37191
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/anal...ojqhosts1.html
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...an.qhosts.html
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100719.htm