Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sorry, I have asked this before.

Sorry, I have asked this before.

Bobby Tupper

When I am scrolling, say through the posts in N.Gs everything is O.K.
but when looking at a web page, I scroll and there is a delay, then the
page scrolls very jerkily.
It never used to happen, and a tad annoying.
Any help please?

Harrison

Does this happen primarily on web pages with animations?
Older and lower end graphics adapters tend to do this.
Upgrade to a better video card.

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:02:16 +0000 (UTC), "Bobby Tupper"
<Bbtuuperr23@socmail..org> wrote:

>When I am scrolling, say through the posts in N.Gs everything is O.K.
>but when looking at a web page, I scroll and there is a delay, then the
>page scrolls very jerkily.
>It never used to happen, and a tad annoying.
>Any help please?

°Mike°

Toggle smooth scrolling in Tools / Internet Options / Advanced
tab. Do some cleanup maintenance.

Basic computer maintenance

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:02:16 +0000 (UTC), in
<bmc8fn$l7l$(E-Mail Removed)>
Bobby Tupper scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

why?

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:02:16 +0000 (UTC), Bobby Tupper wrote:

OS?

>When I am scrolling, say through the posts in N.Gs everything is O.K.
>but when looking at a web page, I scroll and there is a delay, then the

Web browser?

>page scrolls very jerkily.
>It never used to happen, and a tad annoying.
>Any help please?

For MSIE try,
Tools / Options / Advanced / Browsing / (last entry in Browsing just
above HTTP 1.1) tick use smoothh scrolling.

For Mozilla 1.4/1.5
Edit / Preferences / Advanced / Mouse Wheel / Has set number of lines
/page or use system default.

Opera 7.11/20
File / Preferences / try the Mouse and Keyboard settings.

System wide options would be in Control Panel / Mouse.

Me

Bobby Tupper

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:02:16 +0000 (UTC), Bobby Tupper wrote:
>
> OS?
>
> >When I am scrolling, say through the posts in N.Gs everything is O.K.
> >but when looking at a web page, I scroll and there is a delay, then

the

> Web browser?
>
> >page scrolls very jerkily.
> >It never used to happen, and a tad annoying.
> >Any help please?

> For MSIE try,
> Tools / Options / Advanced / Browsing / (last entry in Browsing just
> above HTTP 1.1) tick use smoothh scrolling.
>
> For Mozilla 1.4/1.5
> Edit / Preferences / Advanced / Mouse Wheel / Has set number of lines
> /page or use system default.
>
> Opera 7.11/20
> File / Preferences / try the Mouse and Keyboard settings.
>
> System wide options would be in Control Panel / Mouse.
>
> Me

Hi, yes that works o.k. *But* when I re start my computer it is back to
square 1.
By the way, Win98 IE6.
TA BT