Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > boot problem

boot problem

Rob

I have a problem with my pc, when it starts up I got an a screen with
my hardware on it and a last line " PRESS F1 TO RESUME"
So when I do that my windows starts.
But why do I get this screen , and does my pc not boot normally.
I short time ago I got another error, when I start the pc, I few
short beeps, a logo show up(COMPAQ) , after a short time the pc start
up.
The beeps are gone now but now I get that screen I started this
message with.

What occurs this problem, and more important...how can I fix it?

Thanks anyway

Rob

°Mike°

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:39:17 +0200, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Rob scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a problem with my pc, when it starts up I got an a screen with
> my hardware on it and a last line " PRESS F1 TO RESUME"

And the lines before that are?

The "Press F1 to resume" is there so that you can SEE the warning /
error message.

Try applying basic literacy, and READING the screen.

RwP

Rob

Op Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:13:44 -0500 schreef "Ralph Wade Phillips"
<(E-Mail Removed)>:

>Howdy!
>
>"Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I have a problem with my pc, when it starts up I got an a screen with
>> my hardware on it and a last line " PRESS F1 TO RESUME"

> And the lines before that are?

These lines:

Copyright 1996-2001 Intel Corporation

GB85010A.18A.0066 P15.GB85010A.1

Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4 Processor, 1.70 Ghz

256 Mb System RAM

Fixed Disk 0: Maxtor 6Y0610 (UDMA: 100 Mhz)

Fixed Disk 1: Maxtor 5TO40H4 (UDMA: 100 Mhz)

Atapi Cd-Rom Compaq DVD-ROM DVD-116
Atapi Cd-Rom LITE-ON LTR-321235

Legacy keyboard-Detected

USB- Legalcy-Enabled

Press F1 to Resume

> The "Press F1 to resume" is there so that you can SEE the warning /
>error message.
>
> Try applying basic literacy, and READING the screen.
>
> RwP

Jimmy Dean

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:03:04 +0200, Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> And the lines before that are?

>These lines:
>
>Copyright 1996-2001 Intel Corporation
>
>GB85010A.18A.0066 P15.GB85010A.1
>
>Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4 Processor, 1.70 Ghz
>
>256 Mb System RAM
>
>Fixed Disk 0: Maxtor 6Y0610 (UDMA: 100 Mhz)
>
>Fixed Disk 1: Maxtor 5TO40H4 (UDMA: 100 Mhz)
>
>Atapi Cd-Rom Compaq DVD-ROM DVD-116
>Atapi Cd-Rom LITE-ON LTR-321235
>
>Legacy keyboard-Detected
>
>USB- Legalcy-Enabled
>
>Press F1 to Resume

No obvious warning there. In the BIOS, there may be an option to Halt
on all errors. If you disable it, the PC should boot without stopping
(but then you won't know anything's wrong). However if the PC works
without probs, it might be safe to do this

jd