Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Explorer closes without warning

Internet Explorer closes without warning

Yukon Ed

IE closes without warning on certain websites. IE closes 50% of the
time when the Tower Record (U.S.) website is opening. It closes every
time I attempt to "search for an artist" on their page. This is not
the only site that causes IE to close w/out an error message. I've
scanned for a virus and used Spybot and Ad-aware...no help.

Thank you in advance,
Yukon Ed

°Mike°

What version? What about updates? Have you patched it?
Have you tried the 'Repair' option? Get the picture?

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:05:48 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Yukon Ed scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Yukon Ed

IE 5.5, I've used Windows Update and updated all critical updates,
haven't used any patches (do I need to?), and have "repaired" IE. Do
you have any other suggestions? Thank you.

Cheers,
Yukon Ed

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:13:06 +0100, °Mike°
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What version? What about updates? Have you patched it?
>Have you tried the 'Repair' option? Get the picture?
>

>On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:05:48 GMT, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Yukon Ed scrawled:
>
>>IE closes without warning on certain websites. IE closes 50% of the
>>time when the Tower Record (U.S.) website is opening. It closes every
>>time I attempt to "search for an artist" on their page. This is not
>>the only site that causes IE to close w/out an error message. I've
>>scanned for a virus and used Spybot and Ad-aware...no help.
>>
>>Thank you in advance,
>>Yukon Ed

>--
>Basic computer maintenance
>http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

°Mike°

Yes, upgrade to IE6 SP1 and apply all security patches.

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:59:59 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Yukon Ed scrawled:

>IE 5.5, I've used Windows Update and updated all critical updates,
>haven't used any patches (do I need to?), and have "repaired" IE. Do
>you have any other suggestions? Thank you.
>
>Cheers,
>Yukon Ed
>
>On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:13:06 +0100, °Mike°
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>What version? What about updates? Have you patched it?
>>Have you tried the 'Repair' option? Get the picture?
>>

>>On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:05:48 GMT, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Yukon Ed scrawled:
>>
>>>IE closes without warning on certain websites. IE closes 50% of the
>>>time when the Tower Record (U.S.) website is opening. It closes every
>>>time I attempt to "search for an artist" on their page. This is not
>>>the only site that causes IE to close w/out an error message. I've
>>>scanned for a virus and used Spybot and Ad-aware...no help.
>>>
>>>Thank you in advance,
>>>Yukon Ed

>>--
>>Basic computer maintenance
>>http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Did you make sure you installed the October cumulative
update for IE?

October 2003, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer (828750)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...50/default.asp

Tower.com loads this...
http://www.towerrecords.com/Default.aspx

Have you scanned your system for malware and viruses?

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:31:04 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Yukon Ed scrawled: