Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Power supply unit for ACER desktop computer

Reply
Thread Tools

Power supply unit for ACER desktop computer

 
 
Hung
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-12-2003
Hi I have a Acer AcerPower 4100 computer (Pentium II 350 ) whose power
supply unit is gone. Anyone knows where to get the Acer psu? This is a
unit with the AT plugs (P8 and P9 connectors) plus an additional 3 pin
plug (that looks like a floppy power plug). This 3 pin plug is red,white
and black wires. I think it is the standby power connector.

Alternatively, how to modify easily available ATX psu for use?

Thanks

Hung

PS: The Acer desktop is powered on by a soft switch (altough it uses the
AT connectors)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
philo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-12-2003

"Hung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi I have a Acer AcerPower 4100 computer (Pentium II 350 ) whose power
> supply unit is gone. Anyone knows where to get the Acer psu? This is a
> unit with the AT plugs (P8 and P9 connectors) plus an additional 3 pin
> plug (that looks like a floppy power plug). This 3 pin plug is red,white
> and black wires. I think it is the standby power connector.
>
> Alternatively, how to modify easily available ATX psu for use?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hung
>
> PS: The Acer desktop is powered on by a soft switch (altough it uses the
> AT connectors)
>


unless you need to use that addl connector
you should be able to use any AT power supply of equal are greater ratings

to use an ATX supply...i know adaptors are avail


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Hung
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-12-2003
Thanks, I have tried an ordinary AT power supply (250W). It does not
work. I believed the additional 3 cable plug provides standby current
for the soft power switch. So I am thinking there could be some ways to
modify an ATX power supply?

Hung

> philo wrote:
>
> unless you need to use that addl connector
> you should be able to use any AT power supply of equal are greater ratings
>
> to use an ATX supply...i know adaptors are avail
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
philo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-12-2003

"Hung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, I have tried an ordinary AT power supply (250W). It does not
> work. I believed the additional 3 cable plug provides standby current
> for the soft power switch. So I am thinking there could be some ways to
> modify an ATX power supply?
>
> Hung
>



did that additional cable plug into the motherboard itself???
there might be a jumper setting on the motherboard to bypass the "soft
power"
switch...
for example, if the small connector plugs into the motherboard, it might
be as simple as just jumpering two of the pins together...
but *do not* try it until you can get some documentation!


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cooler Master iGreen Power 500W Power Supply Unit Review and Give Away Silverstrand Front Page News 0 06-01-2006 10:08 PM
HEXUS PSU (Power Supply Unit) Roundup - Taoyuan 2005 Silverstrand Front Page News 2 09-24-2005 04:50 AM
HEC Ace Power 580UB 580Watt power supply Silverstrand Front Page News 0 07-23-2005 03:04 PM
Faulty Power Supply Unit? Emrys Davies Computer Support 7 09-05-2004 04:33 PM
RCA 030 Camera Power supply RCA CPS02 Power Supply nick Digital Photography 0 01-22-2004 10:27 PM



Advertisments