Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > access denied by access control list

access denied by access control list

Hung

Checked if any proxy has been ticked. For broadband, there shouldn't be
any proxy (at least so in my country)

For dial up connection, this message also apppears if a different proxy
is specified other than the one for the isp.

> r m wrote:
> i've been connecting with broadband on my desktop with no problems, and not
> that i've set it up through on my laptop i can't access any sites on
> internet explorer!
> keep on getting the message
> forbidden
> you were denied access because:
> access denied by access control list
>
> what's going on?
>
> i don't have any firewall software installed...

°Mike°

"Access Denied By Access Control List" Error Message
When You Open a Web Page

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:27:08 +0100, in
<Qe8ib.25$(E-Mail Removed)>
r m scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

By the way, please adjust your Time Zone, you are posting
from the future. Double click the clock in your system
tray and set the TIME ZONE (not the clock) to coincide
with your area of the world.

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:27:08 +0100, in
<Qe8ib.25$(E-Mail Removed)>
r m scrawled:

>i've been connecting with broadband on my desktop with no problems, and not
>that i've set it up through on my laptop i can't access any sites on
>internet explorer!
>keep on getting the message
>forbidden
>you were denied access because:
>access denied by access control list
>
>what's going on?
>
>i don't have any firewall software installed...

--
Basic computer maintenance

sam

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> By the way, please adjust your Time Zone, you are posting
> from the future. Double click the clock in your system
> tray and set the TIME ZONE (not the clock) to coincide
> with your area of the world.

He may be in the future in relation to your time zone.
Does that make sense?

Miggsee

"sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Lxcib.147843$(E-Mail Removed)...

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > By the way, please adjust your Time Zone, you are posting
> > from the future. Double click the clock in your system
> > tray and set the TIME ZONE (not the clock) to coincide
> > with your area of the world.
> >

> He may be in the future in relation to your time zone.
> Does that make sense?

No! When the time zones is correctly set, windows adjusts the time to the
local machine's time.

°Mike°

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:19:39 GMT, in
<Lxcib.147843$(E-Mail Removed)>
sam scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> By the way, please adjust your Time Zone, you are posting
>> from the future. Double click the clock in your system
>> tray and set the TIME ZONE (not the clock) to coincide
>> with your area of the world.
>>

>He may be in the future in relation to your time zone.
>Does that make sense?

No, it does not make sense. It makes no difference where
in the world others post from, on YOUR machine the correct
time and date will be displayed, provided other people have
their TIME ZONE set correctly. Why do you suppose that
the Time Zone setting exists as an option, hmm?

For more information, see:
http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

-= Hawk =-

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:19:39 GMT, "sam" <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>He may be in the future in relation to your time zone.
>Does that make sense?

None.

Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett

sam

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:19:39 GMT, in
> <Lxcib.147843$(E-Mail Removed)>
> sam scrawled:
>

> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> By the way, please adjust your Time Zone, you are posting
> >> from the future. Double click the clock in your system
> >> tray and set the TIME ZONE (not the clock) to coincide
> >> with your area of the world.
> >>

> >He may be in the future in relation to your time zone.
> >Does that make sense?

> No, it does not make sense. It makes no difference where
> in the world others post from, on YOUR machine the correct
> time and date will be displayed, provided other people have
> their TIME ZONE set correctly. Why do you suppose that
> the Time Zone setting exists as an option, hmm?
>
> For more information, see:
> http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

No offence intended. Pardon my ignorance.Thanks for the link.
There's something to learn everyday.

Sam

r m