Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Nero Burning problems

Nero Burning problems

letmethink

I am having problems burning with Nero. I bought a new cd burner and
installed the program. I try to burn and it goes through the whole part,
says its burning, but then nothing. The cd itself does not respond. The cd
is recognized in the program itself. I can not select the speed to burn at.
I have tried the Nero Express which is the simplified version with no
results. Does anyone have any ideas or have had the same problem? Thanks!

Brian H供

letmethink said:

> I am having problems burning with Nero. I bought a new cd burner and
> installed the program. I try to burn and it goes through the whole part,
> says its burning, but then nothing. The cd itself does not respond. The cd
> is recognized in the program itself. I can not select the speed to burn at.
> I have tried the Nero Express which is the simplified version with no
> results. Does anyone have any ideas or have had the same problem? Thanks!

If you are burning to a file format (audio or video) it can take upto an hour to
convert the file(s) before starting the burn process.

letmethink

I am trying to burn some songs which are in mp3 format. It takes
approximately 10 minutes when it tells me that the cd was successfully
burned, when in fact nothing was ever done. I am new to the burning
technics.

newsF1ib.587$(E-Mail Removed)...

letmethink said:

> I am trying to burn some songs which are in mp3 format. It takes
> approximately 10 minutes when it tells me that the cd was successfully
> burned, when in fact nothing was ever done. I am new to the burning
> technics.

You may still have to wait for the process to complete, have you got the "verify
data after burning" option ticked?

> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsF1ib.587$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> letmethink said:
>>
>>> I am having problems burning with Nero. I bought a new cd burner and
>>> installed the program. I try to burn and it goes through the whole part,
>>> says its burning, but then nothing. The cd itself does not respond. The cd
>>> is recognized in the program itself. I can not select the speed to burn at.
>>> I have tried the Nero Express which is the simplified version with no
>>> results. Does anyone have any ideas or have had the same problem? Thanks!

>> If you are burning to a file format (audio or video) it can take upto an
>> hour to convert the file(s) before starting the burn process.

letmethink

I went through the simplied version of Nero and went through the steps to
create a mp3 cd. I can choose the cd burner that I want to use, and I can
choose what to name the cd, but I can not change the speed or how many
copies, or the verify data on cd when finished. Those selections are blacked
out and does not give me a place to make selections on those. Sounds like
some of the program is missing or something. I went and tried to put in the
serial numbers thinking that maybe without registering it that it wouldnt
give you all the options, but then the ok button is blacked out and i can
only cancel once i type in the serial number. I think this is strange. I
also have an external burner on another pc of the same brand, using same
Nero, and getting same results. It has to be something simple. Thanks for
your help! - Shell

news:KU1ib.597$(E-Mail Removed)...

letmethink said:

> I went through the simplied version of Nero and went through the steps to
> create a mp3 cd. I can choose the cd burner that I want to use, and I can
> choose what to name the cd, but I can not change the speed or how many
> copies, or the verify data on cd when finished. Those selections are blacked
> out and does not give me a place to make selections on those. Sounds like
> some of the program is missing or something. I went and tried to put in the
> serial numbers thinking that maybe without registering it that it wouldnt
> give you all the options, but then the ok button is blacked out and i can
> only cancel once i type in the serial number. I think this is strange. I
> also have an external burner on another pc of the same brand, using same
> Nero, and getting same results. It has to be something simple. Thanks for
> your help! - Shell

The speed is determined by the software according to the capabilities of the
disc, an in fact it is better to burn at a slower speed to avoid errors.

Have you been to neros web site to upgrade your software?
Help | Ahead on the web

> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:KU1ib.597$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> letmethink said:
>>
>>> I am trying to burn some songs which are in mp3 format. It takes
>>> approximately 10 minutes when it tells me that the cd was successfully
>>> burned, when in fact nothing was ever done. I am new to the burning
>>> technics.

>> You may still have to wait for the process to complete, have you got the
>> "verify data after burning" option ticked?
>>

>>> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> newsF1ib.587$(E-Mail Removed)...

letmethink

Well, the site has information on version 5.5 and version 6, and I have
version 5. I emailed tech support and see where that goes. Thanks Brian for
you help.

news:Ti2ib.606$(E-Mail Removed)...

letmethink said:

> Well, the site has information on version 5.5 and version 6, and I have
> version 5. I emailed tech support and see where that goes. Thanks Brian for
> you help.

The upgrades are free for ver 5 go to the downloads page.

> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Ti2ib.606$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> letmethink said:
>>
>>> I went through the simplied version of Nero and went through the steps to
>>> create a mp3 cd. I can choose the cd burner that I want to use, and I can
>>> choose what to name the cd, but I can not change the speed or how many
>>> copies, or the verify data on cd when finished. Those selections are blacked
>>> out and does not give me a place to make selections on those. Sounds like
>>> some of the program is missing or something. I went and tried to put in the
>>> serial numbers thinking that maybe without registering it that it wouldnt
>>> give you all the options, but then the ok button is blacked out and i can
>>> only cancel once i type in the serial number. I think this is strange. I
>>> also have an external burner on another pc of the same brand, using same
>>> Nero, and getting same results. It has to be something simple. Thanks for
>>> your help! - Shell

>> The speed is determined by the software according to the capabilities of the
>> disc, an in fact it is better to burn at a slower speed to avoid errors.
>>
>> Have you been to neros web site to upgrade your software?
>> Help | Ahead on the web
>>

>>> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:KU1ib.597$(E-Mail Removed)...

letmethink

Thanks!!!!

"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hy2ib.617$(E-Mail Removed)...
> letmethink said:
>
> > Well, the site has information on version 5.5 and version 6, and I have
> > version 5. I emailed tech support and see where that goes. Thanks Brian

for
> > you help.

> The upgrades are free for ver 5 go to the downloads page.
>

> > "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Ti2ib.606$(E-Mail Removed)...

can

blacked

like

in the

wouldnt

can

same

for

> >> The speed is determined by the software according to the capabilities

of the
> >> disc, an in fact it is better to burn at a slower speed to avoid

errors.

> >> Have you been to neros web site to upgrade your software?
> >> Help | Ahead on the web

successfully

the

and

part,

respond. The

version

upto an

jeroen

In article <wR1ib.19197$(E-Mail Removed) .net>, 123
@catsdomain.com says...
> I am trying to burn some songs which are in mp3 format. It takes
> approximately 10 minutes when it tells me that the cd was successfully
> burned, when in fact nothing was ever done. I am new to the burning
> technics.

Did you select your burner as the recorder or the image recorder?

also, posting info like nero version and burner model does help.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards
Jeroen Wijnands