Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AVG finds virus in downloaded file but then doesn't find in scan

AVG finds virus in downloaded file but then doesn't find in scan

joe

Hello. I downloaded a file from games.yahoo.com today. It was a 10 MB file,
so I left it be for about 3 hours. When I returned, AVG told me that the
file had a virus (Trojan horse), and told me to get rid of it, I needed to
run AVG 6 for windows. I did, and it found NOTHING. What do I do now????
Please reply to group. Thanks!!

Richard

joe wrote:

> Hello. I downloaded a file from games.yahoo.com today. It was a 10 MB
> file,
> so I left it be for about 3 hours. When I returned, AVG told me that
> the
> file had a virus (Trojan horse), and told me to get rid of it, I
> needed to
> run AVG 6 for windows. I did, and it found NOTHING. What do I do
> now????
> Please reply to group. Thanks!!

> --

Some times scripting will trigger an alert when it's perfectly safe.
Since you checked it a second time and it's clean, I'd go ahead and run the
game.
But do a system check after you play it.

Buffalo

"joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6PJhb.24092$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> Hello. I downloaded a file from games.yahoo.com today. It was a 10 MB

file,
> so I left it be for about 3 hours. When I returned, AVG told me that the
> file had a virus (Trojan horse), and told me to get rid of it, I needed to
> run AVG 6 for windows. I did, and it found NOTHING. What do I do now????
> Please reply to group. Thanks!!

Try a free online type scan on that file.
Online Antivirus scanners:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]