Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > problem connecting USB CD drive to notebook

problem connecting USB CD drive to notebook

ºoºfizzyºoº

I'm having problems attaching my new Lacie pocket USB CD drive to my Dell XP
notebook. After a failed initial installation the PC is telling me that a
new device has been detected and that i must specify where the drivers are.
This happens even if the device isn't connected! I've tried deleting the
drive from device manager but when i try to reinstall the CD drive in the
correct way it fails every time, resulting in the same problem. Can anyone
help?