Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ASUS A7266-E

ASUS A7266-E

buffy

I ahve one of these boards and am about to flash the BIOS to enable me to
install a processor up to 2600. There I get slightly confuse as it talks
about a thorougbred model and a 2600 processor at 266 and 333 fsb. Which one
do I need?

Thanks

Steven Pilbeam

"buffy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bm48c8$1hi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I ahve one of these boards and am about to flash the BIOS to enable me

> install a processor up to 2600. There I get slightly confuse as it

talks
> about a thorougbred model and a 2600 processor at 266 and 333 fsb.

Which one
> do I need?
>
> Thanks

I too have this board and have used ASUS update to take bios upto Ver
1013-01 beta in the hope of updating my processor but am a bit confused
as to which CPU it will take.Looking at
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusu...pusupport.aspx it says it
will take a Athlon XP 2600+(266FSB)(Model (Thoroughbred) but if I
order one off the web can I be sure that is what I will get. Any CPU
suppiers in the UK that people would recommend ?

Harrison

With the 1011 BIOS, you can use an AMD Athlon XP 2600 CPU with a 266
front side bus.
The chipset on your board caps out at 266.