Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Jittery graphics

Jittery graphics

L.Hatherall

I have an Athlon 3000xp 512mb DDR Ram and a Geforce FX5200 graphics card
When playing games such as Colin Mcrae 3 the graphics won't run smooth. Even
with all the settings set to default.
No other programs are running in the background.
The game plays but hiccups every few seconds.
Any Ideas?
TIA

lee

Have you tried the latest Detonator drivers from Nvidia.
Make sure that firewalls and AV programs are off.//

"L.Hatherall" <l.hatherall@"no spam"btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:bm417u$al4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an Athlon 3000xp 512mb DDR Ram and a Geforce FX5200 graphics card
> When playing games such as Colin Mcrae 3 the graphics won't run smooth.

Even
> with all the settings set to default.
> No other programs are running in the background.
> The game plays but hiccups every few seconds.
> Any Ideas?
> TIA

HamMan

"L.Hatherall" <l.hatherall@"no spam"btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:bm417u$al4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an Athlon 3000xp 512mb DDR Ram and a Geforce FX5200 graphics card
> When playing games such as Colin Mcrae 3 the graphics won't run smooth.

Even
> with all the settings set to default.
> No other programs are running in the background.
> The game plays but hiccups every few seconds.
> Any Ideas?
> TIA

I'm guessing this is a non-ultra FX5200 which are comparable to a GF2 MX
card

Sorry, but it looks like youve brought a dud.

If you are looking for a non expensive replacement look no further than the
GF4 MX range

Mike0000

L.Hatherall wrote:

> I have an Athlon 3000xp 512mb DDR Ram and a Geforce FX5200 graphics card
> When playing games such as Colin Mcrae 3 the graphics won't run smooth. Even
> with all the settings set to default.
> No other programs are running in the background.
> The game plays but hiccups every few seconds.
> Any Ideas?
> TIA

Antivirus off?

--