Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AOL blocking my IE access to email

AOL blocking my IE access to email

Bestfriend

My AOL seems to be blocking out my access to email through Internet
Explorer.
In other words: Once I get on the internet using AOL,I then get in IE
to get my
Yahoo email. But for some reason I cannot get my Yahoo email or any
other email
anymore. However, I can get the email from Yahoo or Hotmail if I Use
the AOL browser directly. Does this sound like an AOL problem or an IE
problem?
What can I do to adjust the browser at fault?
Thank You for your help. (I am using Windows 9

L.

Brian H

Bestfriend said:

> My AOL seems to be blocking out my access to email through Internet
> Explorer.
> In other words: Once I get on the internet using AOL,I then get in IE
> to get my
> Yahoo email. But for some reason I cannot get my Yahoo email or any
> other email
> anymore. However, I can get the email from Yahoo or Hotmail if I Use
> the AOL browser directly. Does this sound like an AOL problem or an IE
> problem?
> What can I do to adjust the browser at fault?
> Thank You for your help. (I am using Windows 9
>
> L.

If you have a Hosts file, you may find that there are some entries for Yahoo.
Look for a file called Hosts without an extension, not a file named Hosts.sam.

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

Some time, on or about: 9 Oct 2003 08:22:54 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
(Bestfriend) was criminally insane in my professional opinion when
they claimed the following balderdash:

>My AOL seems to be blocking out my access to email through Internet
>Explorer.
>In other words: Once I get on the internet using AOL,I then get in IE
>to get my
>Yahoo email. But for some reason I cannot get my Yahoo email or any
>other email
>anymore. However, I can get the email from Yahoo or Hotmail if I Use
>the AOL browser directly. Does this sound like an AOL problem or an IE
>problem?
>What can I do to adjust the browser at fault?
>Thank You for your help. (I am using Windows 9
>
>L.

I would say it was something AOL was doing but I doubt they'd ever
admit it. They constantly run "updates" to their software and it may
have somehow affected your connectivity.

Gecko

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

This was actually funny enough to be posted over at www.techcomedy.com:

http://www.techcomedy.com/single/new...t_number=20184