Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How can i unpack a EXE file that contains a CRC error

How can i unpack a EXE file that contains a CRC error

Jackal

I downloaded the game: Hitman 2 Silent Assassin.
When trying to install i get a CRC error and it tells me to try install
again.
But that dont help and downloading the file again is not an option for me.
Are there programs for Unpacking EXE files, that dont stop unpacking if they
find a bad file?
Thx
Jack

Ghostrider

Jackal wrote:

> I downloaded the game: Hitman 2 Silent Assassin.
> When trying to install i get a CRC error and it tells me to try install
> again.
> But that dont help and downloading the file again is not an option for me.
> Are there programs for Unpacking EXE files, that dont stop unpacking if they
> find a bad file?
> Thx
> Jack

A CRC error indicates that the checksum for the packed file does not
match what was originally packed. There is usually no way to repair
the error other than repeating the download. In fact, the error might
have occurred due to a problem in the original packing for the self-
extracting file.

String::CRC crc function returns incorrect result, why? `Zidane Tribal Perl 1 07-28-2007 08:01 PM
String::CRC crc function returns incorrect result, why? `Zidane Tribal Perl Misc 3 07-27-2007 11:41 AM
crc-8 and crc-16 code... Mamut C++ 5 02-22-2007 02:22 PM
DVD-R error: CRC redundancy error Margrave of Brandenburg DVD Video 1 12-31-2005 01:46 AM
Regex problem, match if line contains <a>, unless it also contains <b> James Dyer Perl 5 02-20-2004 12:29 PM

Advertisments