Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Booting up

Booting up

iris.cooper

This often happens - Today I tried to boot up, it said insert floppy into A
drive, it couldn't read floppy, CD drive etc. pressed ctrl alt del, and it
booted up again, after few restarts went whole way to boot up, and then
mouse arrow wouldn't move. Started over, thought okay, into outlook express,
downloaded messages and then arrow stopped working again (hasn't happened in
OE before) restarted and lost new messages which didn't matter, seem to have
this sort of trouble every alternate day. Sometimes screensaver freezes.
Help.

Harrison

Which operating system are you using?

General Good Advice:
Update your graphics drivers
Run Windows Update and Install Critical Updates
Scan for Viruses
Scan for Spyware
Defragment

Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and
dialers.
The second one will protect your system from further infection by such
diseases.