Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > require some help windows 2000 keeps rebooting

require some help windows 2000 keeps rebooting

Anthony Crowder

windows 2000 keeps rebooting .sometime get a screen saying memory dump and
some longer numbers behind that sometimes get blue screen of death . tried
searching for virus etc no trace use Norton antivirus 2003. Any ideas
grateful

Brian H

Anthony Crowder said:

> windows 2000 keeps rebooting .sometime get a screen saying memory dump and
> some longer numbers behind that sometimes get blue screen of death . tried
> searching for virus etc no trace use Norton antivirus 2003. Any ideas
> grateful

Depends what the error message is, could be anything, NIC could be playing up,
could be a virus.
Right click on My Computer and choose Properties | Advanced | Startup and
Recovery and turn off the option to Automatically reboot.