Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > password does not work all of the sudden

password does not work all of the sudden

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H供 continued:

>> Suddenly, password doesn't work, maybe.
>> I'd just say *password doesn't work*.
>>
>> Heck, I'd just call my ISP. ;o)

> Not me, I would think "hmm, my e-mail isn't working, where usually it
> works without a problem, I bet my ISP has a server problem, I'll try
> again a bit later".

Liar.

You'd sit and scream abuse at NTL via your screen, phone them and abuse
them again, persuade an engineer to actually /do/ something after lunch,
and still have no news server at midnight.

That's what I reckon anyway.
--
slumpy
no more

Brian H供

slumpy said:

> threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H供 continued:
>
>>> Suddenly, password doesn't work, maybe.
>>> I'd just say *password doesn't work*.
>>>
>>> Heck, I'd just call my ISP. ;o)

>> Not me, I would think "hmm, my e-mail isn't working, where usually it
>> works without a problem, I bet my ISP has a server problem, I'll try
>> again a bit later".

> Liar.
>
> You'd sit and scream abuse at NTL via your screen, phone them and abuse
> them again, persuade an engineer to actually /do/ something after lunch,
> and still have no news server at midnight.
>
> That's what I reckon anyway.

How do you know I still have no access to the binary news servers?

William Poaster

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 00:02:55 +0100, slumpy wrote:

> threw back my head and roared with laughter as Boomer continued:
>
>> $#%@*!* wrote:
>>

>> Have a question?
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Don't you think that /"all of a sudden"/ is a very archaic way of
> speaking ?
> Just thought I would drop that little gem into the day.....

OTOH, he didn't say anything in his original message...
He may not have been referring to a password for his PC.
He *could* have been asking why he'd been thrown out of his
local Masonic Lodge! <G>

"And with language like '$#%@*!*", I'm not surprised!"

--
"Or is it Maurice Kellet?"