Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > FREE online virus scans

FREE online virus scans

joe

I am just curious if there are any FREE online virus scans. Please reply to
group.

Boomer

joe wrote:

Google.com

Kenny

Trend Housecall:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
It's no substitute for an installed up to date AV program.

--

Kenny

"joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i0Ggb.3753$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...

> --
>
> I am just curious if there are any FREE online virus scans. Please reply

> group.

trout

joe wrote:
<text snipped by client>

You need to do something about your signature delimiter. Place your
message above it (or remove it, as you're not using a signature).
As you can see, anything below it ( the 'dash, dash, space, return')
is snipped automatically in replies by many news clients.
--
"Exactly as they are supposed to."

Brian H¹©

trout said:

> joe wrote:
> <text snipped by client>
>
> You need to do something about your signature delimiter. Place your
> message above it (or remove it, as you're not using a signature).
> As you can see, anything below it ( the 'dash, dash, space, return')
> is snipped automatically in replies by many news clients.

joe is the yellow submarine aka dewman

Harrison

Thanks for that heads up.

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:47:49 +0100, "Brian H¹©" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>trout said:
>
>> joe wrote:
>> <text snipped by client>
>>
>> You need to do something about your signature delimiter. Place your
>> message above it (or remove it, as you're not using a signature).
>> As you can see, anything below it ( the 'dash, dash, space, return')
>> is snipped automatically in replies by many news clients.

>joe is the yellow submarine aka dewman

°Mike°

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:29:39 +0100, in
<6eGgb.9117$(E-Mail Removed)>
Bryan scrawled:

>"joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:i0Ggb.3753$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net
>

>Online Antivirus scanners:
>--------------------------
>http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp
>http://www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html
>http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp
>http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/activescan.asp
>http://commandondemand.com/eval/index.cfm
>http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]
>http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php
>http://www.pcpitstop.com/antivirus/default.asp
>http://scan.sygatetech.com/prestealthscan.html
>
>** Caveat:
>http://archives.neohapsis.com/archiv...3-07/0240.html
>
>"Hats off" to... ?
>
>somebody here! (I know, I know! lol )

New one added from the makers of eZ Antivirus, FYI.

Online Antivirus scanners:
--------------------------
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]

** Caveat:
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archiv...3-07/0240.html

--
Basic computer maintenance

trout

Brian H¹© wrote:

> trout said:
>
>> joe wrote:
>> <text snipped by client>
>>
>> You need to do something about your signature delimiter. Place
>> your message above it (or remove it, as you're not using a
>> signature). As you can see, anything below it ( the 'dash, dash,
>> space, return')
>> is snipped automatically in replies by many news clients.

> joe is the yellow submarine aka dewman

Are there any free online idiot scanners?
--
"Oy."

Mara

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 23:14:39 +0100, °Mike° wrote:

<snip>
>New one added from the makers of eZ Antivirus, FYI.
>
>Online Antivirus scanners:
>--------------------------
>http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp
>http://www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html
>http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virusscan.aspx
>http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp
>http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/activescan.asp
>http://commandondemand.com/eval/index.cfm
>http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]
>http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php
>http://www.pcpitstop.com/antivirus/default.asp
>http://scan.sygatetech.com/prestealthscan.html
>
>** Caveat:
>http://archives.neohapsis.com/archiv...3-07/0240.html

Thank you.

--
"... by God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it."
-- Russ Allbery, 3/31/98