Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NTL UK Number change.....Help appreciated!

NTL UK Number change.....Help appreciated!

ziggy

> Sounds like a spoof.
> I can find no reference to it.
> Under no circumstances divulge your user name or password.
> NTLalready have that information.

Thanks! A voice of sanity lol I asked on here as I obviously *have*
tried all the above well apart from the f***ing off bit........As for
emailing NTL for help...I'm still awaiting a reply to a query I sent 4
times a month ago and all I get is their automated reply. Yeah, as an
ISP they are rubbish I agree as far as support is concerned but they are
cheap and to be honest quite reliable as far as connection goes. I know
a lot of people have heaps of problems but so far (2 years+) I haven't
had any.........Well apart from lack of support. I'm not so sure it is
a spoof though as there have been rumblings of this supposed improvement
for dial-ups for ages. A while back we were instructed to change our
numbers and nobody wanted to as it installed their damn gearbox. I
immeadiately uninstalled it and reformatted as I had other probs at the
time. I continue to use my old number, minus gearbox, and so far seem
to have got away with it..........I did find one group with a mention of
it earlier today but it does seem strange as there is no mention on the
NTL site or the NThell one either....Oh well.

Thanks anyway

ziggy

trout

Petit Alexi wrote:

> Harrison <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> John,
>> I didn;t see petitalxi's

> That's Mr Petit Alexi to you sonny.
>
>> reply as he was already in my filter list.

> Really? Why did you reply to my post?
>
>> Responding to him/it in this manner only serves to feed the monster.
>> It's best to simply disregard him/it altogether.

> Harrison has the right idea[1], if you don't like me killfile me.
>
> Lets hope he has fixed his filters.

There is nothing wrong with his filters. The message to which you
refer was made, in fact, to "Ionizer"; who *had* replied to you.
(news:(E-Mail Removed); for an OE-friendly
format.)
You may want to be more careful of *your* facts; if you intend to
continue to play the target with your pattern of bi-polar outbursts.

--
"1,000,001."

Patrick

ziggy wrote:
>> Sounds like a spoof.
>> I can find no reference to it.
>> Under no circumstances divulge your user name or password.
>> NTLalready have that information.
>>

> Thanks! A voice of sanity lol I asked on here as I obviously *have*
> tried all the above well apart from the f***ing off bit........As for
> emailing NTL for help...I'm still awaiting a reply to a query I sent 4
> times a month ago and all I get is their automated reply. Yeah, as an
> ISP they are rubbish I agree as far as support is concerned but they
> are cheap and to be honest quite reliable as far as connection goes.
> I know a lot of people have heaps of problems but so far (2 years+) I
> haven't had any.........Well apart from lack of support. I'm not so
> sure it is a spoof though as there have been rumblings of this
> supposed improvement for dial-ups for ages. A while back we were
> instructed to change our numbers and nobody wanted to as it installed
> their damn gearbox. I immeadiately uninstalled it and reformatted as
> I had other probs at the time. I continue to use my old number,
> minus gearbox, and so far seem to have got away with it..........I
> did find one group with a mention of it earlier today but it does
> seem strange as there is no mention on the NTL site or the NThell one
> either....Oh well.
>
> Thanks anyway
>
> ziggy

Why do you not have a look on ntl.discussion.dial-up it looks pretty
busy to me, someone thiere seems to be rabbiting something about number
changes.

trout

ziggy wrote:

> Can anyone tell me anything about this number change? I have looked
> through Google but all I can find are very vague answers.
>
> Apparently on logging on sometime after today we will be asked for
> our username and password and then..........<quote>
>
> When you log on after the 7th October you will see some simple on
> screen instructions which we ask you to follow. Failure to do so will
> result in you losing your internet connection.
>
> You will need your username and password during this process. If you
> are unsure of these please click here. Your user name and email
> address will NOT be affected as part of this change.
>
> We have done our best to make the upgrade really simple so you won't
> need to make any changes to your computer settings. Remember you only
> have to log on after the 7th October to be guided through this short
> on-line process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause
> you.
>
> All well and good, I do not wish to cram my pc with their bloomin'
> gearbox that changes all your settings and goodness knows what else!
>
> My question is...What are they installing? Another gearbox or is it
> just a number change. If that is the case then I would rather do it
> myself.
>
> I'd be grateful if anyone could enlighten me.
> Thanks
>
> ziggy

<http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/editorial/microsites/product_info/>
I went followed through the links to the Q&A page; but I didn't see
anything other than the rather inscrutable:

"Please make sure that when you choose your new package, you are using
the computer you intend to use the ntl:home Dial up Internet service on.
We may need to change some settings on your Computer to allow you access
to the service"
It doesn't sound like DIY is an option they are giving you.
--
"It all sounds rather unpleasant."

TRADESMAN

ziggy wrote:
>> Sounds like a spoof.
>> I can find no reference to it.
>> Under no circumstances divulge your user name or password.
>> NTLalready have that information.
>>

> Thanks! A voice of sanity lol I asked on here as I obviously *have*
> tried all the above well apart from the f***ing off bit........As for
> emailing NTL for help...I'm still awaiting a reply to a query I sent 4
> times a month ago and all I get is their automated reply. Yeah, as an
> ISP they are rubbish I agree as far as support is concerned but they
> are cheap and to be honest quite reliable as far as connection goes.
> I know a lot of people have heaps of problems but so far (2 years+) I
> haven't had any.........Well apart from lack of support. I'm not so
> sure it is a spoof though as there have been rumblings of this
> supposed improvement for dial-ups for ages. A while back we were
> instructed to change our numbers and nobody wanted to as it installed
> their damn gearbox. I immeadiately uninstalled it and reformatted as
> I had other probs at the time. I continue to use my old number,
> minus gearbox, and so far seem to have got away with it..........I
> did find one group with a mention of it earlier today but it does
> seem strange as there is no mention on the NTL site or the NThell one
> either....Oh well.
>
> Thanks anyway
>
> ziggy

You're welcome,
I've checked all sites to do with NTL....even the discussion groups and
still can't find any reference.
Agree absolutely with your comments and apart from neglected areas such as
Tech Support and News serving , the package is not too bad.
I don't know how you're fixed financially but the upgrade to BB for an extra
£7.99 a month is well worth it and you get Tech Support for local call
rates instead of the stupid 50ppm on dialup.
Don't worry too much about the other posts... just a bit of polical
infighting!

ziggy

"trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:blv84p$gh0r4$(E-Mail Removed)-
berlin.de:

> <http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/editorial/microsites/product_info/>
> I went followed through the links to the Q&A page; but I didn't see
> anything other than the rather inscrutable:
>
> "Please make sure that when you choose your new package, you are using
> the computer you intend to use the ntl:home Dial up Internet service on.
> We may need to change some settings on your Computer to allow you access
> to the service"
> It doesn't sound like DIY is an option they are giving you.

Thanks both.........Doesn't sound like it is an option to set it up
yourself, as you say. Bloody cheek really.

Thanks though.......

ziggy

Petit Alexi

"trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:blv5iq$gm4c8$(E-Mail Removed)-
berlin.de:

> There is nothing wrong with his filters. The message to which you
> refer was made, in fact, to "Ionizer"; who *had* replied to you.
> (news:(E-Mail Removed); for an OE-friendly
> format.)

Bah, rumbled.

> You may want to be more careful of *your* facts; if you intend to
> continue to play the target with your pattern of bi-polar outbursts.

Why? He had me in his kill file, so I can say what I like about him.

Petit Alexi

ziggy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns940DCF6A64171ziggysomewherentlwor@130.133. 1.4:

> I asked on here as I obviously *have*
> tried all the above

Well, I wasn't to know that you'd asked NTL support. You didn't mention it
in your original post.

> bit........As

I think your kkkeyboard is broken?

binkx

Have a read of newsgroup - ntl.support.dial-up

--
Kieran
Remove IT to mail
news:Xns940D96C17EC64ziggysomewherentlwor@130.133. 1.4...