Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NTL UK Number change.....Help appreciated!

NTL UK Number change.....Help appreciated!

ziggy

Can anyone tell me anything about this number change? I have looked
through Google but all I can find are very vague answers.

Apparently on logging on sometime after today we will be asked for
our username and password and then..........<quote>

When you log on after the 7th October you will see some simple on
screen instructions which we ask you to follow. Failure to do so will
result in you losing your internet connection.

You will need your username and password during this process. If you
are unsure of these please click here. Your user name and email
address will NOT be affected as part of this change.

We have done our best to make the upgrade really simple so you won't
need to make any changes to your computer settings. Remember you only
have to log on after the 7th October to be guided through this short
on-line process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause
you.

All well and good, I do not wish to cram my pc with their bloomin'
gearbox that changes all your settings and goodness knows what else!

My question is...What are they installing? Another gearbox or is it
just a number change. If that is the case then I would rather do it
myself.

I'd be grateful if anyone could enlighten me.
Thanks

ziggy

Petit Alexi

ziggy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns940D96C17EC64ziggysomewherentlwor@130.133. 1.4:

> Can anyone tell me anything about this number change?

Just guessing, but perhaps, maybe, I dunno, oh, say...

***NTL SUPPORT*** YOU DUMB ****ING ****?

John White

Ever tried to get to get to speak to someone on 'customer support' lately?
*Arsehole*!

"Petit Alexi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ziggy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:Xns940D96C17EC64ziggysomewherentlwor@130.133. 1.4:
>
> > Can anyone tell me anything about this number change?

> Just guessing, but perhaps, maybe, I dunno, oh, say...
>
> ***NTL SUPPORT*** YOU DUMB ****ING ****?

Harrison

John,
I didn;t see petitalxi's reply as he was already in my filter list.
Responding to him/it in this manner only serves to feed the monster.
It's best to simply disregard him/it altogether.

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:55:57 +0100, "John White"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ever tried to get to get to speak to someone on 'customer support' lately?
>*Arsehole*!
>

>"Petit Alexi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ziggy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:Xns940D96C17EC64ziggysomewherentlwor@130.133. 1.4:
>>
>> > Can anyone tell me anything about this number change?

>> Just guessing, but perhaps, maybe, I dunno, oh, say...
>>
>> ***NTL SUPPORT*** YOU DUMB ****ING ****?

John White

Thanks, I have followed suit!
Regards,
john.

"Harrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> John,
> I didn;t see petitalxi's reply as he was already in my filter list.
> Responding to him/it in this manner only serves to feed the monster.
> It's best to simply disregard him/it altogether.
>
> On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:55:57 +0100, "John White"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Ever tried to get to get to speak to someone on 'customer support'

lately?
> >*Arsehole*!
> >

> >"Petit Alexi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> ziggy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> news:Xns940D96C17EC64ziggysomewherentlwor@130.133. 1.4:

> >> Just guessing, but perhaps, maybe, I dunno, oh, say...
> >>
> >> ***NTL SUPPORT*** YOU DUMB ****ING ****?

TRADESMAN

ziggy wrote:
> Can anyone tell me anything about this number change? I have looked
> through Google but all I can find are very vague answers.
>
> Apparently on logging on sometime after today we will be asked for
> our username and password and then..........<quote>
>
> When you log on after the 7th October you will see some simple on
> screen instructions which we ask you to follow. Failure to do so will
> result in you losing your internet connection.
>
> You will need your username and password during this process. If you
> are unsure of these please click here. Your user name and email
> address will NOT be affected as part of this change.
>
> We have done our best to make the upgrade really simple so you won't
> need to make any changes to your computer settings. Remember you only
> have to log on after the 7th October to be guided through this short
> on-line process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause
> you.
>
> All well and good, I do not wish to cram my pc with their bloomin'
> gearbox that changes all your settings and goodness knows what else!
>
> My question is...What are they installing? Another gearbox or is it
> just a number change. If that is the case then I would rather do it
> myself.
>
> I'd be grateful if anyone could enlighten me.
> Thanks
>
> ziggy

Sounds like a spoof.
I can find no reference to it.
Under no circumstances divulge your user name or password.
NTLalready have that information.

Harrison

Also see http://www.giganews.com/comps/aup.mhtml

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:26:32 +0100, "John White"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks, I have followed suit!
>Regards,
>john.
>
>"Harrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> John,
>> I didn;t see petitalxi's reply as he was already in my filter list.
>> Responding to him/it in this manner only serves to feed the monster.
>> It's best to simply disregard him/it altogether.
>>
>> On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:55:57 +0100, "John White"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Ever tried to get to get to speak to someone on 'customer support'

>lately?
>> >*Arsehole*!
>> >

>> >"Petit Alexi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Petit Alexi

"John White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:buAgb.545$(E-Mail Removed):

> Ever tried to get to get to speak to someone on 'customer support'
> lately? *Arsehole*!

You're not going to get any help from them by calling them arseholes.

Don't NTL provide you with email support? Don't NTL provide information
about this kind of "stuff" on some website somewhere? (How much do you pay
for NTL, and is it worth it for a company with such clearly ****-poor
support?)

But to answer your question, no, I haven't tried to speak to someone on
customer support. I have a very good ISP (hint: not NTL), and I know what
I'm doing.

Petit Alexi

Harrison <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> John,
> I didn;t see petitalxi's

That's Mr Petit Alexi to you sonny.

> reply as he was already in my filter list.

Really? Why did you reply to my post?

> Responding to him/it in this manner only serves to feed the monster.
> It's best to simply disregard him/it altogether.

Harrison has the right idea[1], if you don't like me killfile me.

Lets hope he has fixed his filters.

[1] I don't know why but I'm reminded of the million monkeys and a
million typewriters, I guess he had to get *something* right sometime eh?

TRADESMAN

Had him on my filter list for the past few weeks,when he tried to intro duce
the subject of child porn in reply to a poster.Was promptly to "feck off".
Not only is it an arsehole..it's a perverted one!