Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Media Player copying on XP Home.

Windows Media Player copying on XP Home.

Phil C.

Windows Media Player seems to be about as awkward and unhelpful as we
might expect. I only want to copy the occasional audio CD and burn it
on to a blank CD, nothing fancy. WMP did this successfully a couple of
times but suddenly, when I got to the stage of pressing the "Copy to
CD or Device" button, started giving an error message -

"Windows media player does not detect any removable media in your
portable device. Insert the media into the device or check the
connection..."

The "Help" seems useless. I've checked that the computer can detect
the blank CD in the drive and that it is blank. I've restarted the
computer. Everything else seems to be working normally.

I never have used or connected any external audio device. The Devices
tab under Tools shows (and refreshes to) the CD Drive E and Removable
Disk D. I can't find any way of specifying that I want the CD drive.
Apologies if I'm missing something onvious.

Also, can anyone recommend a robust, simple idiot-proof freeware
download to copy and burn audio CDs?

Thanks
--
Phil C.