Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > msnbc connection

msnbc connection

Dolores Cregan

I use msnbc with my internet explorer. I cannot get into that page.
All it says is: detecting proxy settings. I've tried refresh and all that
is suggested on that page but get no where. How do I solve this Problem.
Dee

Harrison

If you don't normally use a proxy server, then turn off the use proxy
setting in Internet Explorer.
Tools>Internet Options>Connections>LAN Settings
Uncheck any proxy settings, but ONLY if you don;t use a proxy.

If you cannot also access pages such as Yahoo!, Google, Lycos, etc.,
then you probably have been bitten by the QHOSTS Trojan.

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/da...an.qhosts.html

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:59:17 GMT, "Dolores Cregan"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I use msnbc with my internet explorer. I cannot get into that page.
>All it says is: detecting proxy settings. I've tried refresh and all that
>is suggested on that page but get no where. How do I solve this Problem.
>Dee

Rob B

Sounds like your computer doesn't realize you have an internet connection.
Try rebooting and reconnecting.
Also try clicking on file and uncheck "work offline".

Rob
www.techhowto.org

news:9rfgb.184$(E-Mail Removed) .net...