Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > All these virus spreading emails!

All these virus spreading emails!

Gary G. Taylor

Louis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their bombardment of
> phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the best
> defense against them?
> As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out on the
> internet and not connected to their site which say that "you are leaking
> your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need to buy their
> product. To me it is blackmail.
> Louis

"Welcome to Bargain Network USA Dot Com where our motto is "Why pay retail?"

We are a clearance outlet for national and international distributors,
selling at liquidation prices. Close out items are sold on a first come
first serve basis and have a new product warranty."

No hits on them in .sightings. But one wonders....
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

Professor

Some of these get through the virus protection which you should always
upgrade to keep up with the latest viruses but if you don't open the
attatchments and just delete them you not get the virus.
"Zknb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:28:13 GMT, "Louis"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their bombardment of
> >phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the best

defense
> >against them?

> Any good antivirus software. (I use Norton AV)
>
> For spam the best I have found is Spampal www.spampal.org
>
> A good firewall or if you are on broadband a router/firewall.
>
> >As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out on the
> >internet and not connected to their site which say that "you are leaking
> >your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need to buy

their
> >product. To me it is blackmail.
> >Louis
> >

> Ignore them getting your IP address is child play and it gets them
> nothing. If you are that scared then pay for a anatomizing service.
>
> Displaying a directory of your hard drive on your screen amounts to
> nothing more than a parlor trick. Only you see your hard drive
> contents it is NOT being sent to the web site.

Juan Pérez

If you are that scared then pay for a anatomizing service.

uhm...professor of English?

Me

Juan Pérez wrote:
> If you are that scared then pay for a anatomizing service.
>>>

> uhm...professor of English?

At NYU's no doubt.

Spreading a class across several compilation units Matthias Kaeppler C++ 3 09-26-2005 07:26 PM
question about spreading lezah VHDL 1 02-08-2004 01:56 PM
Heads up--this one is spreading fast! Larry Samuels Microsoft Certification 4 01-27-2004 02:17 AM
Heads up--this one is spreading fast! Larry Samuels MCSE 4 01-27-2004 02:17 AM
[Alert] SoBig Worm Spreading Online Boomer Computer Support 0 08-20-2003 06:30 AM

Advertisments