Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > All these virus spreading emails!

All these virus spreading emails!

Louis

I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their bombardment of
phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the best defense
against them?
As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out on the
internet and not connected to their site which say that "you are leaking
your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need to buy their
product. To me it is blackmail.
Louis

°Mike°

How do spammers harvest email addresses
http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html

SPAM - Munging Your Email Address
http://www.internet-tips.net/Email/SPAM_munging.htm

How To Deal With Spam
http://pobox.com/nospam.html

Korean Spam Filter
http://www.siue.edu/~jpogats/korea.html

SPAM Tips and help
http://spam.abuse.net/spam/userhelp/

SpamCop
http://spamcop.net/

SpamCop FAQ Parsing and reporting spam
http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/16.html

A Quick Guide to E-Mail Headers
http://real.fissure.org/articles/headers.shtml

Reading Email Headers
http://www.stopspam.org/email/headers/headers.html

Dealing With Junk Email
http://www.jcrdesign.com/junkemaildeal.html

The SPAM-L FAQ
http://www.claws-and-paws.com/spam-l/index.html

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:28:13 GMT, in
<Ny3gb.31711$(E-Mail Removed) .net>
Louis scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jammer

http://www.indefense.com

--
Jammer

In news:Ny3gb.31711$(E-Mail Removed) link.net,
Louis <(E-Mail Removed)> typed: with a
> I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their
> bombardment of phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email.
> What is the best defense against them?
> As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out on the
> internet and not connected to their site which say that "you are
> leaking your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need
> to buy their product. To me it is blackmail.
> Louis

Hilary Glazer

i am disgusted by the fake emails and phony emails from MS. i
thought i was the only one receiving them. i am glad to hear i
am not the only one. so far, the only problem has been the
nuisance values of this s__t.

--
Ms. Hilary L Glazer
CEO, Demarcation Systems
"Louis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ny3gb.31711$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
: I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their
bombardment of
: phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the
best defense
: against them?
: As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out
on the
: internet and not connected to their site which say that "you
are leaking
: your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need
to buy their
: product. To me it is blackmail.
: Louis
:
:

Richard

Louis wrote:

> I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their bombardment
> of
> phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the best
> defense
> against them?
> As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out on the
> internet and not connected to their site which say that "you are
> leaking
> your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need to buy
> their
> product. To me it is blackmail.
> Louis

I've finally decided to make a message rule to delete all inbound mail from
hotmail and yahoo.
Since most of the return accounts are fake anyway because neither do
anything about it.
What needs to be done is to have a mandatory program that would validate
return paths.
That is, if the return addy doesn't match to the sender, it doesn't get
sent.

Baron Wolfgar von Schtuldeworfshiseundurheimhoppen

"Louis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ny3gb.31711$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their bombardment of
> phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the best

defense
> against them?
> As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out on the
> internet and not connected to their site which say that "you are leaking
> your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need to buy their
> product. To me it is blackmail.
> Louis

Try looking here: http://tinyurl.com/pu1x

leftnutrzr

"Louis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ny3gb.31711$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their bombardment of
> phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the best

defense
> against them?
> As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out on the
> internet and not connected to their site which say that "you are leaking
> your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need to buy their
> product. To me it is blackmail.
> Louis

also one good way is _if_ you have your own mail server ( btw they're not as
hard to setup as ya think .. and some are free for 3 users and are able to
stop viruses w/o you downloading them) then you can put someting like i have
... roNckOzonSerPadAioM.com
a normal person would see the no spam in there and pick it out and you dont
have to worry about others owning the address cause you own the unmung'd one

just a thought

Juan Pérez

I find it is impossible to be wrong 100% of the time. That would require
a consistence greater than I could ever achieve.
Richard <anom@anom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Louis wrote:
>
> > I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their

bombardment
> > of
> > phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the best
> > defense
> > against them?
> > As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out on

the
> > internet and not connected to their site which say that "you are
> > leaking
> > your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need to buy
> > their
> > product. To me it is blackmail.
> > Louis

> I've finally decided to make a message rule to delete all inbound mail

from
> hotmail and yahoo.
> Since most of the return accounts are fake anyway because neither do
> anything about it.

Wrong again. Hotmail filters spam mail, mostly ineffective, yet over
half gets caught.

> What needs to be done is to have a mandatory program that would

validate
> return paths.
> That is, if the return addy doesn't match to the sender, it doesn't

get
> sent.

trout

Baron Wolfgar von troll wrote:
<snip>

> Try looking here: http://tinyurlxxx

Mediaboy? You *are* one dull, predictable asswipe.
--
"Trolls are stupid. Stupid people are boring."

Zknb

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:28:13 GMT, "Louis"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I feel that we are blackmailed by these spammers and their bombardment of
>phony emails from Microsoft and undelivered email. What is the best defense
>against them?

Any good antivirus software. (I use Norton AV)

For spam the best I have found is Spampal www.spampal.org

A good firewall or if you are on broadband a router/firewall.

>As well as the spammers that pop-up on screens when you are out on the
>internet and not connected to their site which say that "you are leaking
>your IP address on the internet". And then telling me I need to buy their
>product. To me it is blackmail.
>Louis

Ignore them getting your IP address is child play and it gets them
nothing. If you are that scared then pay for a anatomizing service.

Displaying a directory of your hard drive on your screen amounts to
nothing more than a parlor trick. Only you see your hard drive
contents it is NOT being sent to the web site.

Spreading a class across several compilation units Matthias Kaeppler C++ 3 09-26-2005 07:26 PM
question about spreading lezah VHDL 1 02-08-2004 01:56 PM
Heads up--this one is spreading fast! Larry Samuels Microsoft Certification 4 01-27-2004 02:17 AM
Heads up--this one is spreading fast! Larry Samuels MCSE 4 01-27-2004 02:17 AM
[Alert] SoBig Worm Spreading Online Boomer Computer Support 0 08-20-2003 06:30 AM

Advertisments