Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Chipset Drivers

Chipset Drivers

buffy

I have formatted my HD a number of times recently but each time when I have
put everything back on have not bothered with the ASUS CD containing the
Chipset Drivers. I am using XP. Do these need to be installed (as everything
seems to be working well) or is this something else that XP picks up
automatically?

Thanks

HamMan

"buffy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:blpq1c$5nj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have formatted my HD a number of times recently but each time when I

have
> put everything back on have not bothered with the ASUS CD containing the
> Chipset Drivers. I am using XP. Do these need to be installed (as

everything
> seems to be working well) or is this something else that XP picks up
> automatically?
>
> Thanks

Well they usally give advanced support for things like AGP fast writing etc
etc.

Worthwhile installing them, especially if youre into gaming

Paul - xxx

buffy tried to scribble ...

> I have formatted my HD a number of times recently but each time when
> I have put everything back on have not bothered with the ASUS CD
> containing the Chipset Drivers. I am using XP. Do these need to be
> installed (as everything seems to be working well) or is this
> something else that XP picks up automatically?
>
> Thanks

If everything is working fine, then there would be some folks who'd say
leave well alone ..

There are other folks who'd say try them, you never know you could improve
the system even more, or you could fark it ..

Personally I'd try them, you have little to lose as you can always
re-install yet again without them .. All you'll lose is a little time .. but
possibly gain speed, reliability or other system functionality.

--
Our old car for Auction http://tinyurl.com/osdj