Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > loading windows on a mac

Mick Ryan

can you install a windows os on a G4 mac ? I know about Virtual PC but I
wondered if you could do a complete install?

Harrison

No

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 15:31:46 +0100, "Mick Ryan"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>can you install a windows os on a G4 mac ? I know about Virtual PC but I
>wondered if you could do a complete install?

Bebop & Rocksteady

> can you install a windows os on a G4 mac ? I know about Virtual PC but I
> wondered if you could do a complete install?

No I do think you can

The only thing you can do is run an emulator like Vitual PC and the like
But I do believe with a bit of twaking you can install Linux

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Mick Ryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aQVfb.204$(E-Mail Removed)...
> can you install a windows os on a G4 mac ? I know about Virtual PC but I
> wondered if you could do a complete install?

Using VirtualPC? Yes. Natively? No.

Why not? Ask Microsoft why they decided to only support Intel-x86
compatible processors only.

RwP

BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ

Ralph Wade Phillips wrote:
> Howdy!
>

>>can you install a windows os on a G4 mac ? I know about Virtual PC but I
>>wondered if you could do a complete install?

> Using VirtualPC? Yes. Natively? No.
>
> Why not? Ask Microsoft why they decided to only support Intel-x86
> compatible processors only.

For What Its Worth.....

Good GRAVEY, MAN! Are ye DAFT! Why in the good-green Earth would you
want to dessecrate a Mac with one of the worst OS's known to modern man?!

Other than the Laughability Factor, of course.

(To be fair, you CAN get Linux to work, as well as FreeBSD.. though
that's called OS X now.)
BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
(BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ralph Wade Phillips wrote:
> > Howdy!
> >

> >>can you install a windows os on a G4 mac ? I know about Virtual PC but

> >>wondered if you could do a complete install?

> > Using VirtualPC? Yes. Natively? No.
> >
> > Why not? Ask Microsoft why they decided to only support

Intel-x86
> > compatible processors only.

> For What Its Worth.....
>
> Good GRAVEY, MAN! Are ye DAFT! Why in the good-green Earth would you
> want to dessecrate a Mac with one of the worst OS's known to modern man?!

I don't. I wasn't the one asking, either ...

> Other than the Laughability Factor, of course.
>
> (To be fair, you CAN get Linux to work, as well as FreeBSD.. though
> that's called OS X now.)

Actually, no, FreeBSD/Mac is still called FreeBSD. OS/X is based on
the Mach kernel, based on BSD work.

RwP