Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PLEASE HELP!!! Linksys Router BEFSR41 ver.2

PLEASE HELP!!! Linksys Router BEFSR41 ver.2

ANON

I have four computer on my network, when I added my laptop (running xp;
we'll call this computer, computer 3) to my network, one of the computers
(running Win9, wouldn't connect to the network (we'll call this computer,
computer 1). The laptop works fine. I checked the client table in the
router setup to find that one of the other computers on my network was
pulling 2 IP addresses (running XP; we'll call this computer, computer 2)
and the computer that wouldn't work was not pulling any. So I tried
disconnecting both computers 1 and 2 from the router and connecting them
back one at a time. Now neither computer will pull an ip address. I have
spend four hours on the phone with linksys tech support, we assigned the
non-working computers static ip's and still nothing, we changed so many
setting back and forth that I don't think I could ever set them the way they
were before. I've tried using the network setup wizard that comes with XP
on all the computers, along with the setup wizard that came with the router.
The network setup wizard on XP runs as usual, but doesn't fix it. While the
router setup wizard says that there is no internet connection. We also
exchanged ports on the router with computers that didn't work to one's that
did, still nothing. Linksys finally told me that they did not know what was
wrong and could not help me. My ISP says that it's a Linksys problem. Will
someone PLEASE help me? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

JabberSmith

"ANON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have four computer on my network, when I added my laptop (running xp;
> we'll call this computer, computer 3) to my network, one of the computers
> (running Win9, wouldn't connect to the network (we'll call this

computer,
> computer 1). The laptop works fine. I checked the client table in the
> router setup to find that one of the other computers on my network was
> pulling 2 IP addresses (running XP; we'll call this computer, computer 2)
> and the computer that wouldn't work was not pulling any. So I tried
> disconnecting both computers 1 and 2 from the router and connecting them
> back one at a time. Now neither computer will pull an ip address. I have
> spend four hours on the phone with linksys tech support, we assigned the
> non-working computers static ip's and still nothing, we changed so many
> setting back and forth that I don't think I could ever set them the way

they
> were before. I've tried using the network setup wizard that comes with XP
> on all the computers, along with the setup wizard that came with the

router.
> The network setup wizard on XP runs as usual, but doesn't fix it. While

the
> router setup wizard says that there is no internet connection. We also
> exchanged ports on the router with computers that didn't work to one's

that
> did, still nothing. Linksys finally told me that they did not know what

was
> wrong and could not help me. My ISP says that it's a Linksys problem.

Will
> someone PLEASE help me? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in
> advance.

Here's some help:

- organize your thoughts, use the "ENTER" key to start new paragraphs to
indicate new thoughts
- list the situation, then what you tried to fix it in clear steps
- include details of devices, like... what kind of router is it?

Your post is to convoluted and jumbled to bother trying to decypher.

Buffalo

Perhaps a post in the Microsoft.public.Win98.Networking newsgroup would get
better responses.

"ANON" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have four computer on my network, when I added my laptop (running xp;
> we'll call this computer, computer 3) to my network, one of the computers
> (running Win9, wouldn't connect to the network (we'll call this

computer,
> computer 1). The laptop works fine. I checked the client table in the
> router setup to find that one of the other computers on my network was
> pulling 2 IP addresses (running XP; we'll call this computer, computer 2)
> and the computer that wouldn't work was not pulling any. So I tried
> disconnecting both computers 1 and 2 from the router and connecting them
> back one at a time. Now neither computer will pull an ip address. I have
> spend four hours on the phone with linksys tech support, we assigned the
> non-working computers static ip's and still nothing, we changed so many
> setting back and forth that I don't think I could ever set them the way

they
> were before. I've tried using the network setup wizard that comes with XP
> on all the computers, along with the setup wizard that came with the

router.
> The network setup wizard on XP runs as usual, but doesn't fix it. While

the
> router setup wizard says that there is no internet connection. We also
> exchanged ports on the router with computers that didn't work to one's

that
> did, still nothing. Linksys finally told me that they did not know what

was
> wrong and could not help me. My ISP says that it's a Linksys problem.

Will
> someone PLEASE help me? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in
> advance.

pcbutts1

I had to read this 5 times before I understood it. "Punctuation". anyway you
did not say if you updated the routers firmware. If you did then the router
is bad take it back.