Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What are British Council taxes?

What are British Council taxes?

Bill Schowengerdt

Hi,

I heard Tony Blair referring to high Council taxes. It is clear to me
that the Council is some unit of government, but I my searching has not
revealed what unit that is. Since many of you live in the UK, I am asking
on this "Help" NG.

TIA

Brian H

Bill Schowengerdt said:

> Hi,
>
> I heard Tony Blair referring to high Council taxes. It is clear to me
> that the Council is some unit of government, but I my searching has not
> revealed what unit that is. Since many of you live in the UK, I am asking
> on this "Help" NG.
>
> TIA

The council are those who are in charge of the town hall and rob you blind with
local taxes.
Council tax (renamed from poll tax, renamed from something else to make it sound
like something kinder) is what you pay for being allowed to continue breathing
after the age of 18.

Mike

A "Council" is the seat of 'local' government, as distinct from
central (Whitehall) government. They levy 'Council taxes'
to finance local issues; housing, environment, education,
etc.

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 16:31:43 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Bill Schowengerdt scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Emrys Davies

It is a Council Tax Bill based on the value of your home, which is
placed in a Property Band.

For instance in 2003 a married couple who live in Solihull in the West
Midlands, whose home is in Property Band D, would have to pay 996.98.

Like everything in life there are exceptions.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Bill Schowengerdt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I heard Tony Blair referring to high Council taxes. It is clear to me
> that the Council is some unit of government, but I my searching has

not
> revealed what unit that is. Since many of you live in the UK, I am

asking
> on this "Help" NG.
>
> TIA

slumpy

threw back my head and roared with laughter as Bill Schowengerdt
continued:

> Hi,
>
> I heard Tony Blair referring to high Council taxes. It is clear to me
> that the Council is some unit of government, but I my searching has
> not revealed what unit that is. Since many of you live in the UK, I
> am asking on this "Help" NG.
>
> TIA

It's yet another way for beaurocracy to peel another layer of my skin
away.
Well it feels that way, my wallet is very tender
--
slumpy
no more

Gordon

Try living in Wolverhampton, or any metropolitan borough councils. 1100 per
year, just for the pleasure
G.
" Emrys Davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:blnfs1$dn0ti$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> It is a Council Tax Bill based on the value of your home, which is
> placed in a Property Band.
>
> For instance in 2003 a married couple who live in Solihull in the West
> Midlands, whose home is in Property Band D, would have to pay 996.98.
>
> Like everything in life there are exceptions.
>
> Regards,
> Emrys Davies.
>

> "Bill Schowengerdt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I heard Tony Blair referring to high Council taxes. It is clear to me
> > that the Council is some unit of government, but I my searching has

> not
> > revealed what unit that is. Since many of you live in the UK, I am

> asking
> > on this "Help" NG.
> >
> > TIA

Brian H

Gordon said:

> Try living in Wolverhampton, or any metropolitan borough councils. 1100 per
> year, just for the pleasure
> G.

And they reckon prostitution is a crime.

> " Emrys Davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:blnfs1$dn0ti$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> It is a Council Tax Bill based on the value of your home, which is
>> placed in a Property Band.
>>
>> For instance in 2003 a married couple who live in Solihull in the West
>> Midlands, whose home is in Property Band D, would have to pay 996.98.
>>
>> Like everything in life there are exceptions.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Emrys Davies.
>>

>> "Bill Schowengerdt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I heard Tony Blair referring to high Council taxes. It is clear to me
>>> that the Council is some unit of government, but I my searching has

>> not
>>> revealed what unit that is. Since many of you live in the UK, I am asking
>>> on this "Help" NG.
>>>
>>> TIA

Emrys Davies

Yes, but you have got faggots, mushy peas and Banks's bitter!!

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

news:Z9Ifb.2173$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try living in Wolverhampton, or any metropolitan borough councils.

1100 per
> year, just for the pleasure
> G.
> " Emrys Davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:blnfs1$dn0ti$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > It is a Council Tax Bill based on the value of your home, which is
> > placed in a Property Band.
> >
> > For instance in 2003 a married couple who live in Solihull in the

West
> > Midlands, whose home is in Property Band D, would have to pay

996.98.

> > Like everything in life there are exceptions.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Emrys Davies.
> >

> > "Bill Schowengerdt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I heard Tony Blair referring to high Council taxes. It is clear to

me
> > > that the Council is some unit of government, but I my searching

has
> > not
> > > revealed what unit that is. Since many of you live in the UK, I am

> > asking
> > > on this "Help" NG.
> > >
> > > TIA

Brian H

Emrys Davies said:

> Yes, but you have got faggots, mushy peas and Banks's bitter!!

Er.. before people get the wrong end of the stick, faggots are meatballs.

> Regards,
> Emrys Davies.
>

> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Z9Ifb.2173$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Try living in Wolverhampton, or any metropolitan borough councils. 1100 per
>> year, just for the pleasure
>> G.
>> " Emrys Davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:blnfs1$dn0ti$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>>> It is a Council Tax Bill based on the value of your home, which is
>>> placed in a Property Band.
>>>
>>> For instance in 2003 a married couple who live in Solihull in the West
>>> Midlands, whose home is in Property Band D, would have to pay 996.98.
>>>
>>> Like everything in life there are exceptions.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Emrys Davies.
>>>

>>> "Bill Schowengerdt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Sentient Fluid

"Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ilIfb.6901$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Emrys Davies said:
>
> > Yes, but you have got faggots, mushy peas and Banks's bitter!!
> >

> Er.. before people get the wrong end of the stick, faggots are meatballs.

Ummm... "wrong end of the stick"? Poor choice of words, in this case, I
would think