Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > home page

home page

peiper

Hi

my homepage keeps changing to another I change it but after a while it
changes.Can anyone tell me how to stop it.

Thanks in advance

Steven Pilbeam

"peiper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:blmrki$rcv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> my homepage keeps changing to another I change it but after a while it
> changes.Can anyone tell me how to stop it.
>

> Thanks in advance

What does it change too ?
Sounds like some sort of Spyware/hijacker is on your PC
Try Adaware from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Harrison

Download, install, update, and run the following programs.

Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
Spyware Blaster - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

They will find the problem in most cases and remove it for you.

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 17:15:36 +0100, "peiper"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>my homepage keeps changing to another I change it but after a while it
>changes.Can anyone tell me how to stop it.
>

>Thanks in advance

peiper

ok thanks I'll try them
"Harrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Download, install, update, and run the following programs.
>
> Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
> Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
> Spyware Blaster - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
>
> They will find the problem in most cases and remove it for you.
>
> On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 17:15:36 +0100, "peiper"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >my homepage keeps changing to another I change it but after a while it
> >changes.Can anyone tell me how to stop it.
> >

> >Thanks in advance

Buffalo

MS critical updates just put out a 'patch' for that very problem.Go to the
critical update page.
The spyware programs listed earlier are excellent.
You could also try Hijack this.
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
I would clean up the problem BEFORE downloading the latest MS critical
update.
Close out of all running programs except for Explorer and Systray (esp close
you antivirus program) before installing the latest MS Critical Update.