Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Folder settings

Folder settings

John Heath

Is there any way I can set my folder settings so that the default view is
"details"? I hate how every folder's default state is "large icons" and I'm
still installing new stuff on my new computer. I'm forever having to go and
change the view!

Harrison

Set a current folder's view to details.
ME, 2000, and XP - Tools>Folder Options>View>Like Current Folder
95, 98 - View>Folder Options>View>Like Current Folder

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 02:05:16 +1000, "John Heath" <no idea> wrote:

>Is there any way I can set my folder settings so that the default view is
>"details"? I hate how every folder's default state is "large icons" and I'm
>still installing new stuff on my new computer. I'm forever having to go and
>change the view!

°Mike°

Since you're using OE5, I'm assuming you have Windows 9x.

Close all but one *Windows Explorer* window and set it
to view in detail. Go to View / Folder Options / View
Press 'Like Current Folder'.

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 02:05:16 +1000, in
<3f7eef17$0$23613$(E-Mail Removed) >
"John Heath" <no idea> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

John Heath

Actually I'm using W2K but I had a look around in Explorer and found it.
Thanks mate.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Since you're using OE5, I'm assuming you have Windows 9x.
>
> Close all but one *Windows Explorer* window and set it
> to view in detail. Go to View / Folder Options / View
> Press 'Like Current Folder'.
>

> On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 02:05:16 +1000, in
> <3f7eef17$0$23613$(E-Mail Removed) >
> "John Heath" <no idea> scrawled:
>
> >Is there any way I can set my folder settings so that the default view is
> >"details"? I hate how every folder's default state is "large icons" and

I'm
> >still installing new stuff on my new computer. I'm forever having to go

and
> >change the view!
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance