Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What do you do when...

What do you do when...

°Mike°

Go eat a dozen sausages, you bad tempered mutant.

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 23:44:50 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
gangle scrawled:

>**** you, **** Kaspersky, and **** your vendor.
>
>"°Mike°" wrote
>
>> Follow the information on your vendor's support page, below -
>> these are links for submitting suspect viruses, worms, trojans to
>> the major vendors. The Kaspersky site allows for single file
>> upload and immediate identification (if possible).

Petit Alexi

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:3fa7ff8c.21314429
@localhost:

> ... you receive an attachment, and your antivirus does not
> identify it? You delete it straight away, right? Well, yes,
> right, but also WRONG!
> Before you delete it, IF it is NOT recognised or identified,
> submit it to your antivirus vendor. This is called a virus "in
> the wild", and your vendor NEEDS to know about them.

Please tell me this is a joke.

Herbert West

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 06:29:51 -0500, Petit Alexi
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:3fa7ff8c.21314429
>@localhost:
>
>> ... you receive an attachment, and your antivirus does not
>> identify it? You delete it straight away, right? Well, yes,
>> right, but also WRONG!
>> Before you delete it, IF it is NOT recognised or identified,
>> submit it to your antivirus vendor. This is called a virus "in
>> the wild", and your vendor NEEDS to know about them.

>Please tell me this is a joke.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing <sigh>