Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Emails sending without pressing the send button

Emails sending without pressing the send button

miffysmate :-\)\)

My friend's has a problem in that when he is writing emails it is sending
even while he is still writing it, he doesn't even press the send button.
He has difficulty writing more than 2 lines of text before it gets sent.

He tells me he is using Totalise but I am not sure what that is exactly.

I would appreciate any suggestions that I could pass to him.

Thanks
Miffysmate

°Mike°

Is he using the web interface?
http://mail.totalise.co.uk/

Has he tried contacting Totalise?
http://www.totalise.net/
http://support.totalise.co.uk/

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:09:44 +0100, in
<3f7dd79c$0$8765$(E-Mail Removed)>
miffysmate ) scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

miffysmate :-\)\)

Thanks Mike I have just found out that he is using the web interface rather
than Outlook, so I am trying to set him up in Outlook now but require the
Totalise Pop & SMTP settings so I will get him to ask for support when they
come back tomorrow if I can find them now.

Thanks for your reply it was appreciated.

Kind regards
miffysmate
> Is he using the web interface?
> http://mail.totalise.co.uk/
>
> Has he tried contacting Totalise?
> http://www.totalise.net/
> http://support.totalise.co.uk/
>

> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:09:44 +0100, in
> <3f7dd79c$0$8765$(E-Mail Removed)>
> miffysmate ) scrawled:
>
> >My friend's has a problem in that when he is writing emails it is sending
> >even while he is still writing it, he doesn't even press the send button.
> >He has difficulty writing more than 2 lines of text before it gets sent.
> >
> >He tells me he is using Totalise but I am not sure what that is exactly.
> >
> >I would appreciate any suggestions that I could pass to him.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Miffysmate
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome, and good luck.

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:31:24 +0100, in
<3f7ddccf$0$8765$(E-Mail Removed)>
miffysmate ) scrawled:

>Thanks Mike I have just found out that he is using the web interface rather
>than Outlook, so I am trying to set him up in Outlook now but require the
>Totalise Pop & SMTP settings so I will get him to ask for support when they
>come back tomorrow if I can find them now.
>
>Thanks for your reply it was appreciated.
>
>Kind regards
>miffysmate
>> Is he using the web interface?
>> http://mail.totalise.co.uk/
>>
>> Has he tried contacting Totalise?
>> http://www.totalise.net/
>> http://support.totalise.co.uk/
>>

>> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:09:44 +0100, in
>> <3f7dd79c$0$8765$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> miffysmate ) scrawled:
>>
>> >My friend's has a problem in that when he is writing emails it is sending
>> >even while he is still writing it, he doesn't even press the send button.
>> >He has difficulty writing more than 2 lines of text before it gets sent.
>> >
>> >He tells me he is using Totalise but I am not sure what that is exactly.
>> >
>> >I would appreciate any suggestions that I could pass to him.
>> >
>> >Thanks
>> >Miffysmate
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

michael davis

For support use this link.
http://support.totalise.co.uk/

Mike.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You're welcome, and good luck.
>

> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:31:24 +0100, in
> <3f7ddccf$0$8765$(E-Mail Removed)>
> miffysmate ) scrawled:
>
> >Thanks Mike I have just found out that he is using the web interface

rather
> >than Outlook, so I am trying to set him up in Outlook now but require the
> >Totalise Pop & SMTP settings so I will get him to ask for support when

they
> >come back tomorrow if I can find them now.
> >
> >Thanks for your reply it was appreciated.
> >
> >Kind regards
> >miffysmate
> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> Is he using the web interface?
> >> http://mail.totalise.co.uk/
> >>
> >> Has he tried contacting Totalise?
> >> http://www.totalise.net/
> >> http://support.totalise.co.uk/
> >>

> >> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:09:44 +0100, in
> >> <3f7dd79c$0$8765$(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> miffysmate ) scrawled:

sending

button.

sent.

exactly.

> >> --
> >> Basic computer maintenance

> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

I already gave that link, if you care to look...

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 22:57:13 +0100, in
<Memfb.928$(E-Mail Removed)>
michael davis scrawled:

>For support use this link.
>http://support.totalise.co.uk/
>
>Mike.

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You're welcome, and good luck.
>>

>> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:31:24 +0100, in
>> <3f7ddccf$0$8765$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> miffysmate ) scrawled:
>>
>> >Thanks Mike I have just found out that he is using the web interface

>rather
>> >than Outlook, so I am trying to set him up in Outlook now but require the
>> >Totalise Pop & SMTP settings so I will get him to ask for support when

>they
>> >come back tomorrow if I can find them now.
>> >
>> >Thanks for your reply it was appreciated.
>> >
>> >Kind regards
>> >miffysmate
>> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>sending

>button.

>sent.

>exactly.

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

miffysmate :-\)\)

Sorry, yes Mike my email should have said if I can't find them now, not if I
can find them now.

However, I guessed the settings, (as apparently the support for Totalise is
very slow) and have him now up and running collecting his emails through
outlook.

Thanks again.
miffysmate

°Mike° wrote:
> I already gave that link, if you care to look...
>

> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 22:57:13 +0100, in
> <Memfb.928$(E-Mail Removed)>
> michael davis scrawled:
>

>> For support use this link.
>> http://support.totalise.co.uk/
>>
>> Mike.
>>
>> "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> You're welcome, and good luck.
>>>

>>> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:31:24 +0100, in
>>> <3f7ddccf$0$8765$(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> miffysmate ) scrawled:

>>> --
>>> Basic computer maintenance
>>> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

°Mike°

I was talking to "michael davis", who repeated the link I already
gave, not you. Anyway, I'm glad you've sorted it.

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 23:53:49 +0100, in
<3f7dfe14$0$27816$(E-Mail Removed)>
miffysmate ) scrawled: