Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Not being able to send messages

Not being able to send messages

geoff walbyoff

Hi, since installing BTopenworld surftime I have been unable to send any
messages on outlook express from any of my mail addresses.My main e-mail is
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). I am recieving mail but cannot send any.Please help.
P.S. I hope I can send this!!!

--
Geoff Walbyoff
Tel. 020 8699 5791

Harrison

If you have a tech support number for them, then you should call them.
More than likely there is a change necessary in your SMTP server
settings.

The main reason I'm responding is to alert you to the fact that
posting your real e-mail address to usenet is like asking every
spammer on the planet to send you all they've got.

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 18:32:05 +0000 (UTC), "geoff walbyoff"

>Hi, since installing BTopenworld surftime I have been unable to send any
>messages on outlook express from any of my mail addresses.My main e-mail is
> I am recieving mail but cannot send any.Please help.
> P.S. I hope I can send this!!!

°Mike°

It may be that BT do not allow you to relay virgin.net messages.
Contact BT directly, but check your SMTP settings first.

You should also munge your email address when posting to newsgroups.

How do spammers harvest email addresses
http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html

SPAM - Munging Your Email Address
http://www.internet-tips.net/Email/SPAM_munging.htm

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 18:32:05 +0000 (UTC), in
<blkfb1$430$(E-Mail Removed)>
geoff walbyoff scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

yellow submarine©

While in the shower, geoff walbyoff sang:
> Hi, since installing BTopenworld surftime I have been unable to send
> any messages on outlook express from any of my mail addresses.My
> main e-mail is (E-Mail Removed). I am recieving mail but cannot
> send any.Please help. P.S. I hope I can send this!!!

it could be that your server is incorrect.
--
This post is Copyright © 2003 by the Yellow Submarine®. All rights
reserved. Replies may be sent. Yellow submarine is a Registered

Paul - xxx

geoff walbyoff tried to scribble ...

> Hi, since installing BTopenworld surftime I have been unable to send
> any messages on outlook express from any of my mail addresses.My
> main e-mail is (E-Mail Removed). I am recieving mail but cannot
> send any.Please help. P.S. I hope I can send this!!!

Set the Virgin account to the same SMTP settings as the BTOpenworld should
be.

--
Our old car for Auction http://tinyurl.com/osdj