Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NORTON

NORTON

drvnguy

I have norton systemworks 2003 ,norton internet security and nav 2003 pro,Is
there any certain order to install them ,i have uninstalled them all because
when i did a live update i allways had an error when trying to update
......common clients .wich is a part of norton security,i could never get
newer updates

Stevo

drvnguy wrote:
> I have norton systemworks 2003 ,norton internet security and nav 2003
> pro,Is there any certain order to install them ,i have uninstalled
> them all because when i did a live update i allways had an error when
> trying to update .....common clients .wich is a part of norton
> security,i could never get newer updates

I have seen that problem a few times, the Symantec site has some information
on how to repair the problem. The support area is where to look, use the 4
digit number that shows on the lower lefthand side of the error message when
you try to do the update as the search criteria and you should find the
information you need.

There are several steps, uninstalling/reinstalling is the first.. then
deleting some specific files and lastly by way of editing the registry..

I am sorry I can't give the details to you via this forum, I don't have the
hard copy I printed with me...

--
Stevo
(pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

B. Al. Zeebub

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 21:31:00 -0400, B. Al. Zeebub read and pondered :

> I have norton systemworks 2003 ,norton internet security and nav 2003 pro,Is
> there any certain order to install them...

The bit buckkket. /dev/null. Trash. Recycle Bin. The vertical file. There
are better alternatives. Search Google or this group. You'll see what I
mean.
B.