Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Scanner problem.

Scanner problem.

Graham Fox

I,ve just bought a new scanner IBM011 (on e-bay), but can't get the B@@@@y
thing to work except in 'safe mode'.
If I try with the computer running normally I keep getting a 'scanner not
found' message. I've tried to penetrate the IBM site but to be honest
haven't got a clue what to look for. When it comes to the user guides,
chocolate teapot sums things up nicely.
Please help as I've spent the best part of 8 hours on this so far.
Graham.

Stevo

Graham Fox wrote:
> I,ve just bought a new scanner IBM011 (on e-bay), but can't get the
> B@@@@y thing to work except in 'safe mode'.
> If I try with the computer running normally I keep getting a 'scanner
> not found' message. I've tried to penetrate the IBM site but to be
> honest haven't got a clue what to look for. When it comes to the user
> guides, chocolate teapot sums things up nicely.
> Please help as I've spent the best part of 8 hours on this so far.
> Graham.

Sounds like an incorrect driver from that description.

No guarantees given that you will find what you want here, and no
responsibility taken either!

http://www.scanner-drivers.com/companies/475.htm

You didn't include your operating system which makes it a tad harder to
assist you..

Try googling - use IBM+011+scanner+driver+<insert operating system if
desired>

--
Stevo
(pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

Steve

"Stevo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f7cc64b$0$22822$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> Graham Fox wrote:
> > I,ve just bought a new scanner IBM011 (on e-bay), but can't get the
> > B@@@@y thing to work except in 'safe mode'.
> > If I try with the computer running normally I keep getting a 'scanner
> > not found' message. I've tried to penetrate the IBM site but to be
> > honest haven't got a clue what to look for. When it comes to the user
> > guides, chocolate teapot sums things up nicely.
> > Please help as I've spent the best part of 8 hours on this so far.
> > Graham.

> Sounds like an incorrect driver from that description.
>
> No guarantees given that you will find what you want here, and no
> responsibility taken either!
>
> http://www.scanner-drivers.com/companies/475.htm
>
> You didn't include your operating system which makes it a tad harder to
> assist you..
>
> Try googling - use IBM+011+scanner+driver+<insert operating system if
> desired>
>
> --
> Stevo
> (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

If it's a 0275-011 have a look on http://www.driverguide.com
Steve

---

Stevo

Steve wrote:
> "Stevo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f7cc64b$0$22822$(E-Mail Removed) u...
>> Graham Fox wrote:
>>> I,ve just bought a new scanner IBM011 (on e-bay), but can't get the
>>> B@@@@y thing to work except in 'safe mode'.
>>> If I try with the computer running normally I keep getting a
>>> 'scanner not found' message. I've tried to penetrate the IBM site
>>> but to be honest haven't got a clue what to look for. When it comes
>>> to the user guides, chocolate teapot sums things up nicely.
>>> Please help as I've spent the best part of 8 hours on this so far.
>>> Graham.

>> Sounds like an incorrect driver from that description.
>>
>> No guarantees given that you will find what you want here, and no
>> responsibility taken either!
>>
>> http://www.scanner-drivers.com/companies/475.htm
>>
>> You didn't include your operating system which makes it a tad harder
>> to assist you..
>>
>> Try googling - use IBM+011+scanner+driver+<insert operating system if
>> desired>
>>
>> --
>> Stevo
>> (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
>>

> If it's a 0275-011 have a look on http://www.driverguide.com
> Steve
>

> ---

Tell the original poster, not me.. I don't even have such a scanner...
*sheesh*

--
Stevo
(pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)