Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > get deleted partisions back

get deleted partisions back

al

I lost the mainpart of my harddrive because of doing things I did not know
about.It's a 80
gb ibm drive that shrinked to 8 gb that can be seen.I wander,is there any
way to restore
deleted partisions.It's not the data or files I care for it's the former
size of my harddrive.
And I'm not to happy about replacing it as I'm short of money at the
moment.Any information on the subject
will be greatly appreciated.
al

yellow submarine

We all know that al ((E-Mail Removed)) screamed at the top of
his lungs:
> I lost the mainpart of my harddrive because of doing things I did not
> know about.It's a 80
> gb ibm drive that shrinked to 8 gb that can be seen.I wander,is there
> any way to restore
> deleted partisions.It's not the data or files I care for it's the
> former size of my harddrive.
> And I'm not to happy about replacing it as I'm short of money at the
> moment.Any information on the subject
> will be greatly appreciated.
> al

did you try and compress your drive? if so, that is why you can't see it.

--
Do the Dew - Dewman
has been changed to

DUH

Steve

"yellow submarine" <(E-Mail Removed) want no spam> wrote in
message news:wH3fb.9539$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> We all know that al ((E-Mail Removed)) screamed at the top of
> his lungs:
> > I lost the mainpart of my harddrive because of doing things I did not
> > know about.It's a 80
> > gb ibm drive that shrinked to 8 gb that can be seen.I wander,is there
> > any way to restore
> > deleted partisions.It's not the data or files I care for it's the
> > former size of my harddrive.
> > And I'm not to happy about replacing it as I'm short of money at the
> > moment.Any information on the subject
> > will be greatly appreciated.
> > al

> did you try and compress your drive? if so, that is why you can't see it.
>
> --
> Do the Dew - Dewman
> has been changed to
> We all Live in a "Yellow Submarine"
>
> DUH

run fdisk (from start-up floppy) and start all over again

---

Harrison

If you don't have a startup floppy, you can create one with an image
downloaded from http://www.bootdisk.com/

If you have a bootable OS CD, such as Windows 2000 or XP, you can also
run the partitioning program from them.

If this is your one and only drive, and you want to resize it and
start over, then simply run the setup for Windows 2000 or XP.
There will be a section where you may choose to delete the existing
partitions and create a new one.
By far, this is easier for most inexperienced users who are not that
familiar with the commands in fdisk.

>run fdisk (from start-up floppy) and start all over again

al

I did not compress my drive and I been trying to get my lost partitions back
with fdisk for days.That does not work .
regards al
news:aZ3fb.515$(E-Mail Removed)...