Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP

Ron

Trying to network XP with 98, Each computer sees the shares.
XP goes on the 98 computer ok.
98 asks for a password, it won't let me go on to XP.

°Mike°

Step-by-Step - Networking for Dummies
http://www.wown.info/j_helmig/guide.htm

http://www.wown.com/
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 17:48:19 -0400, in
<PC1fb.10315$(E-Mail Removed)>
Ron scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

nemo

Ron,

You need to create a user on the XP machine with the same name and
password that you use to log on to the Win98 machine.

Regards

nemo

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 17:48:19 -0400, "Ron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Trying to network XP with 98, Each computer sees the shares.
>XP goes on the 98 computer ok.
>98 asks for a password, it won't let me go on to XP.

Professor

in control panel there is use accounts and create new account so perhaps you
should try that.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...