Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hotmail page not opening

Hotmail page not opening

George

Hi
When I get a pop up in MS Messenger saying I have new email message and
click the link to go to the site, or if I type www.hotmail.com in the
browser, the page just keeps refreshing without actually opening. I've
tried with IE6, Avant and MyIE2 with the same results. Mozilla works
fine however. I have tried the repair option in IE6 but that made no
difference. Any ideas, apart from stick with mozilla?

Windows 98 SE
IE 6.0.2

--
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing

°Mike°

Basic computer maintenance

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 23:14:36 +0100, in
<bli7tg$cfpmu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
George scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

George

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Basic computer maintenance

I do all that regularly.

°Mike°

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 23:57:48 +0100, in
<bliae8$c9glb$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
George scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Basic computer maintenance

>I do all that regularly.

Try deleting any MSN/Hotmail/Passport cookies (close your
browser and clear cache first). Also try a reboot.

--
Basic computer maintenance

George

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bli7tg$cfpmu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Hi
> When I get a pop up in MS Messenger saying I have new email message and
> click the link to go to the site, or if I type www.hotmail.com in the
> browser, the page just keeps refreshing without actually opening. I've
> tried with IE6, Avant and MyIE2 with the same results. Mozilla works
> fine however. I have tried the repair option in IE6 but that made no
> difference. Any ideas, apart from stick with mozilla?

Fixed it. For some reason the browser said that cookies were being
blocked from the logon site. I checked my list of blocked cookies and it
wasn't in there but deleted them all anyway. Logged on fine.

George

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 23:57:48 +0100, in
> <bliae8$c9glb$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
> George scrawled:
>
> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Basic computer maintenance

> >I do all that regularly.

> Try deleting any MSN/Hotmail/Passport cookies (close your
> browser and clear cache first). Also try a reboot.

Hi Mike
Thanks. We came to the same conclusion. Although it wasn't in the
blocked cookies file when I deleted all the ones that were blocked it
worked.

°Mike°

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 00:57:42 +0100, in
<blidui$cisgf$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
George scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 23:57:48 +0100, in
>> <bliae8$c9glb$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
>> George scrawled:
>>
>> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> >I do all that regularly.

>> Try deleting any MSN/Hotmail/Passport cookies (close your
>> browser and clear cache first). Also try a reboot.

>Hi Mike
>Thanks. We came to the same conclusion. Although it wasn't in the
>blocked cookies file when I deleted all the ones that were blocked it
>worked.

Cool. I'm glad you got it sorted.

--
Basic computer maintenance

trout

George wrote:

> "George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bli7tg$cfpmu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Hi
>> When I get a pop up in MS Messenger saying I have new email message
>> and click the link to go to the site, or if I type www.hotmail.com
>> in the browser, the page just keeps refreshing without actually
>> opening. I've tried with IE6, Avant and MyIE2 with the same
>> results. Mozilla works fine however. I have tried the repair
>> option in IE6 but that made no difference. Any ideas, apart from
>> stick with mozilla?

> Fixed it. For some reason the browser said that cookies were being
> blocked from the logon site. I checked my list of blocked cookies
> and it wasn't in there but deleted them all anyway. Logged on fine.

Yes, they're a pushy lot. You have to make sure you don't block any
of Hotmail, MSN, or Passport.
--
"Annoying."