Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Banner ?

Banner ?

Me

This little column appears when I get to the Google website. It gives
me the days of the week, etc. and I need it like a hole in the head,
because it cuts down on the size of my screen and I have to keep
scrolling sidways to read everything. How can I get rid of it?? Thanks

°Mike°

I'm guessing you are talking about some sort of malware - your
post was not very clear.

Install and use:

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spyware Blaster

On 2 Oct 2003 13:12:46 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >
Me scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

yellow submarine

We all know that °Mike° ((E-Mail Removed)) screamed at the
top of his lungs:
> I'm guessing you are talking about some sort of malware - your
> post was not very clear.
>
> Install and use:
>
> Spybot Search & Destroy
> http://spybot.eon.net.au/
> http://www.safer-networking.org/
>
> Ad-Aware
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
>
> Spyware Blaster
>

> On 2 Oct 2003 13:12:46 -0700, in
> <(E-Mail Removed) >
> Me scrawled:
>
>> This little column appears when I get to the Google website. It gives
>> me the days of the week, etc. and I need it like a hole in the head,
>> because it cuts down on the size of my screen and I have to keep
>> scrolling sidways to read everything. How can I get rid of it??
>> Thanks

Do you work for Microsoft, Mr. Mike? (nothing against you or anything)

--
Do the Dew - Dewman
has been changed to

DUH

Richard

Me wrote:

> This little column appears when I get to the Google website. It gives
> me the days of the week, etc. and I need it like a hole in the head,
> because it cuts down on the size of my screen and I have to keep
> scrolling sidways to read everything. How can I get rid of it?? Thanks

With IE open, ctrl+alt+del and see what other programs may be running.
Most likely there is a reference in your registry where most of the IE add
on stuff is kept.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Most likely somewhere within the above key.

If all else fails, reinstall or repair IE.

°Mike°

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:46:53 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Richard scrawled:

> Me wrote:
>
> > This little column appears when I get to the Google website. It gives
>> me the days of the week, etc. and I need it like a hole in the head,
>> because it cuts down on the size of my screen and I have to keep
>> scrolling sidways to read everything. How can I get rid of it?? Thanks

>With IE open, ctrl+alt+del and see what other programs may be running.
>Most likely there is a reference in your registry where most of the IE add
>on stuff is kept.

A reference to what?

>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
>Most likely somewhere within the above key.

What is most likely "somewhere within"? Do you realise that
a complete novice might be tempted to delete things h/s knows
nothing about, or even the entire key? Just quit giving your
st00pid advice, Bullis.

>If all else fails, reinstall or repair IE.

If all else fails, do NOT take any notice of the usual bad advice
from Richard the St00pid.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Me

Actually,this question given to me by my mother,who is not really that
tech savvy at all.Does anyone know why this bar would be appearing ?
Could she possibly have done something to initiate this ? Thanks

°Mike°

I still don't understand your question. And please include some
of the message that you are replying to.

On 2 Oct 2003 21:10:32 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >
Me scrawled:

>Actually,this question given to me by my mother,who is not really that
>tech savvy at all.Does anyone know why this bar would be appearing ?
>Could she possibly have done something to initiate this ? Thanks

--
Basic computer maintenance

Adrotator and flash banner? DDK ASP .Net 1 10-25-2007 09:31 PM
banner motd S. Voigt Cisco 3 12-23-2003 06:08 PM
Inject Ad Banner in DataList Simple Simon ASP .Net 2 12-20-2003 08:56 PM
AAA login banner and Cisco VPN client problem lombardi Cisco 3 12-20-2003 01:44 AM
MOD/Banner on Catalyst 3548 twi2ted_pair Cisco 6 10-28-2003 10:06 AM

Advertisments