Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook XP ?

Outlook XP ?

Jammer

Hi Group,
Just wanted to know, how these Microsoft patches get through the attachment
options, When all these attachments should be blocked. Is it a flaw in
Outlook XP?

--
Jammer

Gordon Burgess-Parker

Jammer wrote:
> Hi Group,
> Just wanted to know, how these Microsoft patches get through the
> attachment options, When all these attachments should be blocked. Is
> it a flaw in Outlook XP?

Have you selected the option to only download headers for messages with an
attachment over a certain size?

--
Google is your Friend
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

Jammer

Hi Yes I did. I thought Outlook XP was supposted to block attachments
automatically.

--
Jammer

In news:blhe93$c9on7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de,
Gordon Burgess-Parker <(E-Mail Removed)> typed: with a

Jammer wrote:
> Hi Yes I did. I thought Outlook XP was supposted to block attachments
> automatically.
>

> In news:blhe93$c9on7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de,
> Gordon Burgess-Parker <(E-Mail Removed)> typed: with a
>> Jammer wrote:
>>> Hi Group,
>>> Just wanted to know, how these Microsoft patches get through the
>>> attachment options, When all these attachments should be blocked. Is
>>> it a flaw in Outlook XP?

>> Have you selected the option to only download headers for messages
>> with an attachment over a certain size?

Mine does.

--
Google is your Friend
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Jammer

Hi, I'm well protected ,anyway. I use two rules and have Norton AntiVirus
and Maildefense and that catches all the attachments first and strips them.

--
Jammer

In news:blhg6k$brlte$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de,
Gordon Burgess-Parker <(E-Mail Removed)> typed: with a
> Jammer wrote:
>> Hi Yes I did. I thought Outlook XP was supposted to block attachments
>> automatically.
>>

>> In news:blhe93$c9on7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de,
>> Gordon Burgess-Parker <(E-Mail Removed)> typed: with a
>>>
>>> Have you selected the option to only download headers for messages
>>> with an attachment over a certain size?

> Mine does.

Plato

Jammer wrote:

> Just wanted to know, how these Microsoft patches get through the attachment
> options, When all these attachments should be blocked. Is it a flaw in
> Outlook XP?

It's NEVER recommended to trust one firm for all your Intenet
requirements. Why do you insist on putting ALL your Apples in one
basket?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/