Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't open attachments

Can't open attachments

belmont5

Hi, in the last couple of days I have received email attachments which I was
expecting, problem is I can't open them as they appear greyed out. I am
using outlook Express 6. Can anybody point me to a fix.

Thanks for looking

Jamie.

Ant

I Outlook, go to Tools, Options, Security, and remove the tick from the box
that says, Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could be
potentially a virus.

HTH.

"belmont5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> Hi, in the last couple of days I have received email attachments which I

was
> expecting, problem is I can't open them as they appear greyed out. I am
> using outlook Express 6. Can anybody point me to a fix.
>
> Thanks for looking
>
> Jamie.

Stevo

belmont5 wrote:
> Hi, in the last couple of days I have received email attachments
> which I was expecting, problem is I can't open them as they appear
> greyed out. I am using outlook Express 6. Can anybody point me to a
> fix.
>
> Thanks for looking
>
> Jamie.

What's the bet that you updated Internet Explorer/Outlook Express recently??

Thought of having a look under Tools | Options?

No.. well try that, go to the Security page and look at the options
available to you.. the "Do not allow attachments... " one could be a
clue..

--
Stevo
(pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

Patrick

belmont5 wrote:
> Hi, in the last couple of days I have received email attachments
> which I was expecting, problem is I can't open them as they appear
> greyed out. I am using outlook Express 6. Can anybody point me to a
> fix.
>
> Thanks for looking
>
> Jamie.

Goto to link below and scroll to bottom of page;

http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-gb;winxpfaq

or if above link dosen't work then use link below;

http://tinyurl.com/osvp

Plato

Stevo wrote:

> What's the bet that you updated Internet Explorer/Outlook Express recently??

100% ?

Plato

http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop5.htm#1