Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Laptop-Projector Problem

Laptop-Projector Problem

tigercat

A guy at work has a Dell Inspiron 8200.
It runs Win XP Prof. SP1.
512MB Ram
4-M CPU 2.00 GHZ
37.2 GB/26 GB Free

The laptop used to be able to work with a Projector for Powerpoint
presentations. The projector is a: Plus U3-11002 Projector.

Supposedly, I should be able to hit the "Fn" key with the "F8" [CRT/LCD] key
and toggle back and forth. However, this doesn't work. I was also told
that perhaps I should hit the "Fn" key and the "F5" [A/A] key but this
doesn't work either.

I think the error message I get is: that there's no S-Video Input, but I
tested this Projector on a Compaq/HP laptop and it worked immediately.

The user must have screwed something up on this laptop, but I can't figure
it out and of course, he doesn't know either. The laptop works fine in all
other respects.

Any ideas, thoughts are appreciated. Please write suggestions here or
preferably e-mail them to: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Thank you!

JabberSmith

S-video output will require drivers. Check for an update for the chipset
(motherboard) or the video card. Use the tag on the bottom to get a list
from the Dell support site.

The "CRT/LCD" toggle only works with the vga output on the back, NOT with
the S-video. Try using a normal computer VGA cable with the projector
instead.

"tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsHLeb.649552$YN5.499459@sccrnsc01...
> A guy at work has a Dell Inspiron 8200.
> It runs Win XP Prof. SP1.
> 512MB Ram
> 4-M CPU 2.00 GHZ
> 37.2 GB/26 GB Free
>
> The laptop used to be able to work with a Projector for Powerpoint
> presentations. The projector is a: Plus U3-11002 Projector.
>
> Supposedly, I should be able to hit the "Fn" key with the "F8" [CRT/LCD]

key
> and toggle back and forth. However, this doesn't work. I was also told
> that perhaps I should hit the "Fn" key and the "F5" [A/A] key but this
> doesn't work either.
>
> I think the error message I get is: that there's no S-Video Input, but I
> tested this Projector on a Compaq/HP laptop and it worked immediately.
>
> The user must have screwed something up on this laptop, but I can't figure
> it out and of course, he doesn't know either. The laptop works fine in

all
> other respects.
>
> Any ideas, thoughts are appreciated. Please write suggestions here or
> preferably e-mail them to: (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Thank you!

tigercat

thanks for the suggestions.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...