Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Rules ....

Rules ....

Lin

Rules of Conduct

Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please avoid
personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.

Need I say MORE?

Brian H¹©

Lin said:

> Rules of Conduct
>
> Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
> technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please avoid
> personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.
>

> Need I say MORE?

*******s

bb3

"Lin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FECeb.20858$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rules of Conduct
>
> Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
> technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please

avoid
> personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.
>

> Need I say MORE?

Yes. Where did you get that. There is NO and I repeat, in case you're
daft, NO faq's for this group. There is no such thing as "off topic",
and it certainly isn't limited to MS products.

Brian H¹©

Lin said:

> "bb3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jKCeb.165931$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Lin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:FECeb.20858$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Rules of Conduct
>>>
>>> Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
>>> technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please avoid
>>> personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.
>>>

>>> Need I say MORE?
>>>

>> Yes. Where did you get that. There is NO and I repeat, in case you're
>> daft, NO faq's for this group. There is no such thing as "off topic",
>> and it certainly isn't limited to MS products.

> Home Help Newsgroups Rules of Conduct
>

> Help Newsgroup Rules of Conduct
> This document contains the AT&T Worldnet® Help Newsgroup
> Rules of Conduct posted to the worldnet.help.* newsgroups every 30 days.

AT&T does not own, run or control 24hoursupport.helpdesk.

Also, *do not post binaries to a non-binary news group*

why?

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:45:53 +0100, Lin wrote:

>Rules of Conduct
>
>Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
>technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please avoid
>personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.

That's a load of manure.

>Need I say MORE?

Was far too much already.

Me

TRADESMAN

Lin wrote:
> Rules of Conduct
>
> Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
> technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please
> avoid personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.
>

> Need I say MORE?

No say LESS!!!!
You are very tiresome.
(No slurs no profanity but not sure about the personal attack bit)

yellow submarine

fick you
"Lin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FECeb.20858$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rules of Conduct
>
> Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
> technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please avoid
> personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.
>

> Need I say MORE?

yellow submarine

**** you and your ****ing AT&T. With earthlink, there ARE NO RULES, I
REPEAT, ARE NO RULES.
"Lin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eRCeb.21228$(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]

> Help via newsgroups is not for everyone. Some people prefer
> not to post publicly and some do not like the atmosphere of a newsgroup.
> Our Help Newsgroups are only one of several avenues to assist you in
> resolving problems you may be having with our service. You may also
> write to us via email at https://mailus.help.att.net/BridgePage or call
> our support phone line (800-400-1447).
>
> Extraneous postings detract from our ability to respond
> quickly to customer problems and interfere with our customers ability to
> get help. As such, postings that in our opinion interfere with the
> normal operations of the Help Newsgroups may be deleted or moved to a
> more appropriate newsgroup, at our discretion.
>
> If you have a question and need help, then feel free to use
> one of the Help Newsgroups specifically created for that purpose. If you
> wish to comment on the support you have received via the Help
> Newsgroups, then please use the newsgroup specifically created for that
> purpose,

> Postings to the worldnet.help.* newsgroups which do not
> adhere to the following Rules of Conduct may be deleted without prior
> notification. If you cannot adhere to these Rules of Conduct, then
> please do not post.
>
> Rules of Conduct
> a.. Do not use foul language and do not substitute letters
> with asterisks or other characters in an attempt to disguise foul
> language (everyone knows what you really mean).
> b.. Do not post advertisements in the newsgroups.
> c.. Do not personally attack or harass other newsgroup
> participants or support personnel.
> d.. Do not use HTML or add attachments when posting to to
> any worldnet.help.* newsgroup.
> e.. Do not post materials from other Web sites or any
> other copyrighted material in the newsgroups. Instead, include a link to
> the original document.
> f.. Do not cross post to multiple news groups unless
> absolutely necessary. Never cross post between worldnet.* and
> non-worldnet.* newsgroups.
> g.. Always include a valid AT&T Worldnet email id in the
> "From: " field of any newsgroup posting or somewhere within the body of
> the posting so that in case we need to email you rather than respond via
> the newsgroups, we can. If you do not wish to include your AT&T Worldnet
> address in a newsgroup posting, then you might prefer to use our Web
> based email form https://mailus.help.att.net/BridgePage or our live
> HelpChat! http://help.att.net/care/helpchat/index.html for help with
> your problems.
> If you have any additional questions and are unable to find
> the answers in our FAQs,please post them in one of the AT&T Worldnet
> help newsgroups. For a list of all of the AT&T Worldnet help newsgroups,
> see Getting Help Through Newsgroups. If you're new to newsgroups, please
> read our Newsgroups Tutorial for a brief introduction to newsgroups and
> instructions on how to participate in them.

yellow submarine

true
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:45:53 +0100, Lin wrote:
>
> >Rules of Conduct
> >
> >Appropriate Language: The purpose of the newsgroups is to exchange
> >technical information and expertise on Microsoft products. Please avoid
> >personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your messages.
> >

> That's a load of manure.
> >
> >Need I say MORE?

> Was far too much already.
>
> Me

Brian H¹©

yellow submarine said:

> **** you and your ****ing AT&T. With earthlink, there ARE NO RULES, I
> REPEAT, ARE NO RULES.

When you reply, if you place your cursor *below* the text you are replying to
*before* typing, you will be able to stop top-posting all the time.